THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
7-a-side League

I have now finally received the fixtures for this Summer's 7-a-side League, which starts this coming Monday (8th May) with an 8.00.p.m. kick-off against Mc,Kenzies...who seem to have been re-admitted after being thrown out for fighting last Summer, although we have never had a problem with them ourselves.

At the moment I have no idea who wants to play on Monday and I have no idea who is picking the squad !!!
If players who normally play on Mondays could phone/text/e-mail me or leave a message on this Forum it would help ! Dan George is the only one who has done so for this coming Monday at the moment, although I would guess that Oz (in goal), Colin, Tem, Steve Cokell and possibly Gary Cokell (if he is not working) would be up for it ?
'Kizza' is also keen to play, but I have not heard anything from Speller for ages and I have no idea whether Ritchie is at College on Monday evenings or not.

At the moment we are planning to have Kris, Foysol & Juneka Junior in the Thursday Night squad (amongst the more experienced players who normally play on Thursday nights), but if players who normally play on Mondays are unavailable for this first match, we will swap players about.
Kris told me he prefers Thursdays, but maybe he can play on Monday ?

Our first Thursday night match (on the 11th May) is a 9.00.p.m. kick-off against Middlesex University Old Boys.
The squad for that will be announced early next week (probably on Tuesday morning), so if players who want to play in that can let me know asap I would be grateful.

There have been a few changes to the League's rules & regulations which I will highlight on the 7-a-side League pages when I update them on the website later tonight.
Hopefully everything will be online (including all the fixtures) by mid-day tomorrow (Thursday).

Re: 7-a-side League

i've still got hamstring trouble from our game against wormley so not able to play monday.