THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Updates

Apologies for the lack of updates on the webstite over the last week or so.
Been far too busy filming Cup Finals and Conference matches and will be for a few more weeks yet !

We will not be getting the 7-a-side League Fixtures until Tuesday, so those pages will not be updated until then...or probably a couple of days later.
Monday 8th May is definitely the first match though.

We finally managed to have our Management Committee Meeting last night and a number of decisions were made on certain things.
All will be revealed when the Latest Club News page is updated next week, but one thing we do need to know urgently is:...
ARE THERE ANY PLAYERS WHO DEFINITELY CANNOT GO TRAINING NEXT SEASON IF WE HAVE IT ON A THURSDAY NIGHT BETWEEN 8.00.p.m. & 9.00.p.m. ?

At the moment, the players I know of who have said they can't are Peter Murphy & Steve Cokell (who both play in 5-a-side Leagues on that night), and Paul Ellerker, Ozel Ozerman, Colin Bester and Derek Dorward (who all work on Thursday evenings).
If those six players can get out of those commitments for next season though, there is no reason why we cannot get the WHOLE TEAM attending training...and if we do so, we will probably win a trophy for a change !

Re: Updates

Wont arsenal be watching UEFA cup games?

Sorry what was that Gary??

At the Management Committee Meeting there were three Spurs fans there (myself, Tarby & Stuart) and two Arsenal (Trev & Conor).
However, all we talked about regarding training on Thursday nights was the fact that SPURS supporters would still go training rather than watch EUFA Cup football. Arsenal weren't even mentioned in that respect, it was so obvious (even to myself, Tarby & Stuart) that Spurs were going to blow it...or that Arsenal would win the Champions League this season anyway.
So there's no need to gloat, Conor !

My recollection was that Conor and myself both said that we would go training rather than watch Arsenal play in the European equivalent of the Carling Cup. Arsenal would probably have played their reserves in order to concentrate on the Premiership. Spurs on the other hand will regard the UEFA Cup as a marvellous achievement so we will have to wait and see where loyalties lie.

as you may know i dont support either..was just going for some funny respones and failed !!

Gary, are you available for 7-a-side on Thursday night if anyone drops out ?
I have still not heard from Darryl, Del or Paul Ellerker.
I am also going to try and get Marco to play, but there is no guarantee of that. (Conor & Stuart saw him recently and he said he was interested in playing 7-a-side).
Wooly is definitely out injured.

I dunno Gary - I was laughing all yesterday afternoon - couldn't ask for a more funny response in my opinion!

Sorry I have not been around much, I have been working in the Kitchens, at the Marriott in West India Quay. But know my job has been done, I should be back on line soon.

Cheers

George