THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wormley Rovers Match - Video Notes

I doubt whether anyone is really bothered, but I have changed quite a few marks out of 10 having now watched the video.

I don't think anybody deserved a 7, but nobody was bad enough for a mark of less than 6.
Wooly & Murf are therefore 6.5's rather than a 7.
Murf was probably still just about our Man Of The Match, but he was at fault for their second goal when he gave the ball away with a bad piece of control, and also for the incident when they had a goal wrongly disallowed for offside. (Murf did a mistimed defensive header straight to the bloke).

If Stuart and Steve Cokell's finishing had been better, they would have both got 7's, but Foysol (a 6) was really quiet for some reason, while Kris & Tem were both 6's.
Tem obviously needs to get himself fitter to play a full 90 minutes against this sort of opposition, although I didn't think Wormley were half as good as I.M.L. Red Cow and I don't know how they managed to beat them the other week !

Kris ended up playing most of the match at left-back because Warmers seemed to take it upon himself to play in midfield in the 2nd half. I presume 'somebody' told him to ? We then had Murf playing centre-half alongside Wooly in a flat back four...which was what we had in the First Half because Warmers seemed to forget he was playing for us and that we play with a sweeper ! That's why I have given him a 6 as well.
Their 4th goal came about because we had no sweeper and they had at least four other clear-cut chances which they missed from long balls over a square back four. It looked as if Trev hadn't told Warmers (and others) what we were supposed to be doing tactically because he was lumbered with the lino's job again and therefore 'couldn't shout instructions' ?!

Although he gave away a penalty, I gave Juneka Junior a 6.5 instead of a 6 as he actually created a lot of Stuart & Steve Cokell's chances with good through balls and sensible passing, although he too needs to be fitter and sharper. I think the 7-a-side League will be good for him.

The other mark I changed was Colin. When he appears in shot on the video it looks as if he played well enough for a 6.5 rather than a 6, but at one stage in the First Half while Colin was not in the picture I could hear Wooly shouting 'What are you doing/Where are you going/Come here/Get back in position/You should be goal-side, etc., etc.' !
I presume that was aimed at Colin and this is why he often gets a lower mark given to him when others are doing the marks.
I haven't got a clue what is going on off the ball and I can't see on camera what people are doing wrong 'tactically' or whether they are making an effort to get back when a move breaks down or move into space when we have got the ball.

At the moment, all this doesn't matter too much, but for next season we MUST NOT have the Team Manager running the line. We clearly have too many new players who are unsure of what they are supposed to be doing tactically and we are not going to win anything if it carries on like this.

The Clip Of The Week is Steve Cokell's shot and waste from the rebound (with 'three players unmarked in the middle' according to Trev...although you can't see that on video).
There are a couple of funny pics on the Match Report, including a bizarre piece of positioning by the Referee from a corner !

Re: Wormley Rovers Match - Video Notes

i knew they were there but i thought i'd be greedy for a change!

just goes to show.....don't be next time!!

yes cap.