THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hazelwood or not?

Is that still the latest on whats happening with hazelwood rec this year that appears on the news page?

Re: Hazelwood or not?

Steve, it's on the Latest Club News page so unless Laurence has been too busy to update it, I assume it is the latest !!

yes i did read that and noticed that was about 3-4 weeks ago thats why i asked!

The only news I have regarding Hazelwood since I last updated that bit is that Broomfield apparently want to enter the F.A. Vase next season, but they can only do that if they play at a ground with floodlights.
It appears that they are NOT leaving the Southern Amateur League and joining the Spartan South Midlands, but I have never heard of AFA teams entering the F.A. Vase before. I thought you had to be part of the 'Non-League Pyramid' to do so...which the AFA Leagues are not ? Steve may know more about AFA football than I do, so maybe he can correct me on that.

My guess is that if Broomfield are allowed to play on a floodlit ground in the Southern Amateur League next season (and enter the F.A. Vase), then Hazelwood will close for football from the start of next season and Enfield Council will try and sell it off for housing.

If Broomfield stay over Hazelwood, then there is a chance we may still be able to use it next season, but we definitely wont be told anything until we get the pitch application forms through in June.