THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
end of season do

With the last game of the season being on Easter Sunday it has been decided to postpone the drinking shenanigans to Saturday 22nd April. I'm sure most will be aware that the Arse v Spurs game is on, so to ensure we get seats, an early start is essential. Those lucky enough to be going to Highbury will be expected to attend the boozefest after the game. Come on you Spurs!! And then Barcelona!! Or AC Milan!!

Re: end of season do

I willz knot bee hable to atinned, eye seams two bee dooing someting rather stoopid the next day, do nah tink a skin full wood bee good.

G

I will not be there at all on Saturday 22nd as I am filming Canvey Island v. Exeter in the afternoon, then a Cup Final at Bishop's Stortford in the evening !

Easter Sunday would have been better for me, but then I don't drink (much) anyway...and if everyone else prefers Saturday 22nd, so be it.

Stu, I take it you can stay for a post-match drink in Wormley's clubhouse for half-an-hour...or do you have family commitments ?

yeah i'll still be having a fizzy pop after the game win lose or draw

Just realised that the 5.15pm game on the 22nd is Chelsea-Liverpool semi final. Lol, can you email the people who can't see the forum the arrangement. cheers

Stu, an e-mail I received from Wooly today seemed to suggest he had already made arrangements to have an all-dayer down On Broadway after our match this Sunday (Easter Day) as originally planned.
I have e-mailed him back telling him it is now on Saturday 22nd, and I am awaiting his reply.

Paul Ellerker seems to be able to access the Forum now as he left a message on here earlier, so it's only Terry and possibly Nick who can't.

Is the Rovers end of season drinks still on ??

Who is actually going to On Broadway on Saturday to hopefully watch the Yids beat the Arse as reckon it wll be absolutely mobbed ??

Am thinking personally of going to the Beehive where I think it will be more enjoyable to watch (but not with the same quality of barmaids)and then mosey on down to Onboadway afterwards.

it'll be a lot more enjoyable for us if you watch it down the beehive too ozzy. Your answer....yes it is still on but only know of me, murph, conor, paul elllerker, warmers, tarby, scott possibly cokell and 'hangers on' rebairo and bowen. Anyone else??

Also, just to advise everyone that it's a 12.45.p.m. kick-off live on Sky Sports One and not on Prem Plus (Pay-per-view) or a 3.00.p.m. kick-off live on Norwegian TV as I indicated earlier.

Don't know whether that makes a difference to some ?

Unfortunately I will have to listen to the game on my car radio as I drive to Canvey and then miss the Second Half completely.

what a facking shame !!!!!

Well Mr dorward, FYG not sure if Mr Murf is coming spoke to him this am and it depends on how heavy a night he has in Clapham tonight. Also Mr Magoo is toying with the idea of watching it at home rather than the packed Onbroadway?

what the Fack is 'FYG' ???

Osbornitis - a form of dyslexia only more stupid

As Lee says, I'm under ref dependent on tonight....basically, as it had gone a bit quiet and most I asked on Sunday were not gonna go, I sort of thgt it had quietly been cxled....it's also a right pig for me to get there and back if not driving...

FYG means For your guide, its a term used often in a "trading room".

So who went down the pub on Saturday in the end ?
Was it a good turn-out ?