THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
10/10

I gave the marks out of ten based on:
Time between games being too long,
Injured players playing on a rock hard pitch,
Being absolutely fooked in the last ten mins but still giving a good account of themselves and not giving up.

Re: 10/10

Yes, but that's when we are giving marks for effort...which we never do.
Can't fault everyone's effort last night. Even Nugget lasted longer than he said he would, although maybe he should have been taken off earlier ? (Hard to see on video if he was doing any running off the ball).

I know IML were good, but I don't think we can give loads of 7.5's when we have lost 4-0.

Re: Re: 10/10

perhaps you should give marks for effort when players are giving their all 4-0 down with five mins to go.

it was only 3-0 with 5 mins to go numbnut!!

Have now edited the video and Darryl's marks were actually quite accurate !
We did defend well, but the midfielders all needed to be a 7 out of 10 for us to beat a team like that. We were too average (or just below) in that area for one reason or another.
The only marks I have changed were Oz down to a 7 because he didn't actually have that much to do for a 7.5 (because we defended well), and I thought Foysol played really well when he came on and was worth a 7. (Good control and passing and he did well defensively, whereas our other midfielders gave the ball away too much under pressure or kept getting caught in possession too much...basically because of a lack of fitness).

I have put Stuart's 'bad miss' on Clip Of The Week and have now done a 'proper' match report.

By the way, Trev was supposed to have come back from Las Vegas yesterday (Friday) morning, but I have not heard from him (and it's now Saturday evening). I don't think he even knows the score and probably forgot we had a match !
Normally he phones from Las Vegas to find out how we got on or goes on the Internet when he is over there and leaves a message on the Forum.
I thought he also said he was going to e-mail a photo from Speller's Wedding to put on the website...but hasn't.

When he bothers to get in touch, I am going to suggest to him that we give some of our younger players a full 90 minutes on that big pitch against Wormley on Easter Day (particularly Colin, Kris & Foysol). I think it's our older players that are going to need a breather in that game.

Re: Re: 10/10

I must say that on reflection Steve should be a 7 at least.