THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad For Next Wednesday v. I.M.L. Red Cow (5th April)

The squad for our midweek match against I.M.L. Red Cow on Wednesday 5th April at Enfield Playing Fields is as follows:
Ozel Ozerman (GK), Stuart Dorward, Andrew Warmerdam, Paul Woolston, Terry Moore, Nick Vertigans, Juneka Junior, John Beasley, Steve Cokell, Foysol Ahmed, Kris Spyrou & Tem Adil, plus (if they are available) Chris 'Nugget' Beeden, Gary Cokell, Ritchie Copues & James Walker.

We also have goalkeepers Simon Jackson and Darryl Johnson both saying they are available for this match, but following his man-of-the-match performance in our last game, we are going to give 'Oz' another chance in goal, although he has not yet confirmed that he is available. Apart from the doubts concerning Nugget ('Too unfit' ?), Gary Cokell (Working ?), Ritchie (At College) and James (Keeps getting injured in kickabouts over the park !?), we have also not heard from Andrew Warmerdam for ages, while Juneka Junior had 'flu' the last time we heard from him (about two weeks ago). John Beasley and Tem Adil have both volunteered to play in what will be their first games of the season for us and they are both definitely needed, almost certainly in the starting line-up. Luckily, they were both registered at the start of the season....along with about 15 others for occasions such as this !
In fact Scott Robertson has also volunteered to play if needed, and Daniel George may well be available for all we know. (He is another player who missed our last match and we have not heard from him for a while).

All players listed above, whether they are in the 16 at the moment or not, MUST confirm whether they are playing (or at least coming over to watch at 6.15.p.m. or before and bringing their boots just in case, so that we can give their names to the Referee as substitutes).
This is definitely going to be one of those games when players are going to cry off on the day of the match because of work and family commitments and numerous phone calls are going to have to be made in the afternoon. We MUST have a squad of at least 14 for this match as we are going to need three substitutes because of a lack of fitness.

Not surprisingly for a midweek match, we have numerous players who are definitely unavailable. Tony Speller will be in Las Vegas for his Wedding, although he is 'out injured for the rest of the season' anyway. However, Derek Dorward and Manager Trevor Hughes are also going to Las Vegas and will not be available either, while Conor Mc,Govern will be on holiday in Brazil, Peter Murphy will be in Turin to watch Juventus v. Arsenal and Paul Ellerker & Colin Bester both 'definitely cannot' get off work.

As Trevor Hughes (in Las Vegas), Russell Beeden (in Manchester) and Mark Howley (Now living in Braintree and watching Arsenal on TV anyway) are not going to be there and Ritchie Copues may not be coming either, we have requested official League Linesmen for this match, but unfortunately the League are struggling to find willing volunteers. I have asked Tim Beeden to come along and help out if he can, but if he can't, then one of our substitutes will HAVE to run the line...no 'ifs or buts' !!!
I am definitely filming this match, as I missed the last game against I.M.L. Red Cow through having to run the line and I think we have got a good enough side to give them a decent game this time (if everybody turns up !).

Stuart Dorward will be Player-Manager for this match...and Paul Woolston can be his Player-Assistant !?

Please look at the Fixtures page on the website for further details regarding this match (i.e. where to park & meet and which pitch we are now playing on).

Re: Squad For Next Wednesday v. I.M.L. Red Cow (5th April)

Warmers has confirmed that he is available...and might even get there early enough to help me put the nets up !

am fit(well) , am still tryin for an earlier finish ... will keep tryin 50/50 at mo!

Juneka Junior is o.k. (I think he understood what I was saying !?), but Foysol may not get there until just after the kick-off.
Nugget will let us know on Monday or Tuesday if he is available.

I have left a message on Ozel's mobile asking him to play, although it was one of those 'please leave your message after the tone' voicemails, so I hope he is still on the number I dialled.
If Colin could text me Oz's number, or phone Oz himself asap to make sure he can play, as we need to give Simon or Darryl a bit of notice if he can't.

We have now got official League Linesmen. (Our 7-a-side League Refs Steve Wildgoose & Bill Gumble), so that's that sorted, but obviously I will still need some help on the night with putting the nets up and getting them down, bringing all the equipment backwards & forwards to the changing rooms and the car, getting the kit in afterwards, paying the referee & linesmen and getting subs in, so if people like Tim, Scott and anyone else who is about can get over there if they are not doing anything else and don't mind missing the first 15-20 minutes of the Arsenal game, it will be much appreciated.

Oz has phoned me and is definitely playing in goal.

i will definately not be there as my daughter is ill and had to get even later shifts for mon/tues... sorry

I'll be there.

am i one of those who has to confirm?i'll be there.

The only ones who haven't confirmed yet are Kris Spyrou, James Walker & Ritchie.
Nugget is struggling with his knee and is having a 'fitness test' tomorrow.

If none of those four play, we will only have a bare eleven unless Dan and/or Scott are willing to go sub or if the likes of Simon & Darryl go sub with a view to playing as an outfield player if necessary.

Of course I will be available, although it is a bit worrying when I am still being mentioned in relation to running the line when you might only have a bare eleven. Thanks for the vote of confidence Lol
I was going to try and help you put the nets up but you can stick that up your arse!

Kris has now confirmed that he can play.

Re: Re: Squad For Next Wednesday v. I.M.L. Red Cow (5th April)

Seeing as we cannot get relegated i dont mind being a sub to come on for the last ten mins if at all. I am shite unfit and fat, but since the injury, i'm even worse!!!

Here Here!

I was waiting for Scott to be the first one to reply to that !

I am still waiting for Nugget to make a decision on his fitness...unless he has informed Stuart ?
If Nugget isn't playing, we will only have a squad of 13, so Darryl then can then be a sub if he wants.

Nugget is playing

Stu, I suggest we name Darryl and James Walker amongst the five substitutes names we give to the Referee before the match.
It will be good to have a sub keeper if Darryl is coming along anyway.
I haven't heard from James, but there's no need to chase him up now. If he's there, then that's fine.