THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Various Bits Of News

1) Next Wednesday, we are now going to play on the nearest pitch we can to the Donkey Lane end changing rooms. (Probably Pitch 15, which is the worst one over there). This is because the gates get locked for the Ladysmith Road car park well before the match finishes, so we can't park in there (opposite Pitch 18...the best pitch) as originally planned.
Unfortunately, it means anybody coming from Enfield Town or Southbury stations are going to have a longer walk to the pitch...which might delay the kick-off, but then on the other hand, anybody getting there early enough to use the changing rooms at Donkey Lane will have a shorter walk to the pitch, so if there are 11 players from both sides who can get there early enough for that, we can hopefully kick-off at 6.15.p.m. and get a full 90 minutes in.
It's going to be a real pain for me putting the nets up though ! If anybody is willing to get there at 5.00.p.m. and help me do that, it would be much appreciated. Stepladders are needed as there are no hooks on the crossbars, so I can't carry everything on my own and will have to make two or three very long journeys otherwise.

2) I have just spoken to the League Fixture Secretary, who tells me they had a meeting with new clubs for next season the other night and it was decided that none of them will be going in the top two Divisions. He is only relegating one from the Premier Division (because F.C. Boca Hill dropped out) and the top two only will go up from Div. One (which is already confirmed as London Ajax & IML Red Cow). There will be eleven teams in Division One next year instead of 10, so he is promoting the top three teams from Division Two, but only relegating one from Division One (Metroline Uniques).
Although that means we are safe even if we lose to IML Red Cow and Wormley Rovers in our remaining two matches, we don't really want to finish second from bottom as we are better than that, so hopefully our players will all still be 'up' for these last two games.

3) We are now DEFINITELY playing Away to Wormley Rovers on Easter Day (16th April), so please don't plan anything else (like Nick Vertigans already has ). Wormley will be playing somebody else on the 9th if they lose in the Roy Bailey on the 2nd.

All this will be updated on the website before the weekend.