THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Our Last Training Session This Season

This coming Tuesday (28th March) is the last date on our permit for using the Astroturf at the Southbury Leisure Centre this season.

Although Arsenal v. Juventus is live on T.V., I am hopeful that we can find at least 10 players who don't want to watch that 'crap' and would rather go training instead, especially bearing in mind that we have a match the following Wednesday evening.

At the moment, I can see no reason why the following 17-plus players cannot attend training this Tuesday:
Myself, Foysol Ahmed, Gary Cokell, Steve Cokell, Ritchie Copues, Stuart Dorward, Daniel George, Juneka Junior (Should have recovered from 'flu' by now ?), Terry Moore, Kris Spyrou, Nick Vertigans, Andrew Warmerdam (& mates ?), Paul Woolston, Tem Adil, James Walker, Tom Dell & Ozel Ozerman (GK).

If John Beasley (our original 'Junior') and Chris 'Nugget Beeden come training as well, then that will be the whole squad for that Wednesday night game in attendance and we can have a really good session. (Yes Junior, you will definitely be needed for that midweek match if you are still able to help us out).

We actually managed to get 10 players (including myself) attending training at the Southbury Leisure Centre last Tuesday, so we had a good session of 5-a-side and it was very worthwhile.

Re: Our Last Training Session This Season

Dream on

Conor, that comment is obviously because you are out injured for the rest of the season, support Arsenal and are going on holiday to Brazil soon.
You've also said that you will be prepared to play in Division Two next season if we get relegated whereas others will be relatively gutted.

It's understandable that you couldn't give a sh!t at the moment, but don't forget you are a Management Committee Member !

Let's see how others feel. They should be encouraged.

Also, don't forget we are wasting yet more of the club's money if we don't train tomorrow night...and if we 'non-fulfil' the fixture on Wednesday week.

I won't be at training due to the Arsenal game but I'm prepared to play on wednesday 5th if needed.

Cooner, your aptitute stinks !!!!!!! Perhaps your should think long and hard about what you have said! your negative vibes are dissin' the rest of the massive!!!

Is our Manager going training tomorrow night then?

The point is you refer to Arsenal v Juventus as that 'cr@p' & that you are hopeful people would rather go training. I'm not saying whats right or wrong - just simply that your hopes may be a touch unrealistic.

The fact is that Arsenal v Juventus should be a real spectacle & one that any 'football' fan would have an interest in, regardless of who they support.

I may be wrong & for Rovers sakes I hope I am.

It comes back to the problem I was talking about on here last week though Conor.

If our players would rather watch professional football on TV than play football themselves (even if the game on TV does not involve the team they support), then we are going to have massive problems with turnouts for training, midweek matches, Cup Finals & 7-a-side League games in future.
I agree with you, Arsenal v. Juventus IS going to be a great spectacle for non-Arsenal supporters, but there are often situations when there is a half-decent match worth watching on TV virtually every evening, and that's never going to stop.

As it happens, Tem is the only one who has dropped out because of Arsenal so far.
However, Terry has an Old Edmontonians 'crisis meeting', Wooly wants to come training but has no car and can't get there, Stuart has a bad back and Simon has also e-mailed to say he is away in Wales on business.

I have not heard from anyone else yet, so nobody has actually confirmed that they ARE going training !
It looks like another late decision on the day as usual !

won't be there.

I think with Steve & Junior dropping out and the fact that so far nobody has actually said that they CAN go tonight, I will make the decision NOW that TRAINING IS OFF TONIGHT !

This is because I won't have access to the Internet for the rest of today until about 5.00.p.m. (probably) as I have to turn my helicopter/lawnmower/motorbike (I mean clapped-out computer) off so I can hear what I am editing on my laptop !
(Don't worry, I have now ordered a new computer, so the website won't be offline for any period of time).

Conor, you were right !

...and Wormley Rovers beat I.M.L. Red Cow 2-1 tonight, so there's even more chance of us getting relegated now !