THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Video Notes From Europa Match

I have finally finished editing the video from Sunday's match and updated the Match Report and Clip Of The Week...which is not surprisingly Oz's 'wonder save' !
It took longer than usual as it was such an 'action-packed' game, so there were a lot of slo-mo's to be done.

I have changed a lot of Trev's Marks Out Of 10 for our outfield players. They were far too high !
If it wasn't for Oz, we would have let in 10 at least.
Warmers came off at the end and said to me that his own performance only merited a 5 out of 10, and having now seen the video I can say that he was almost right...I gave him 5½ !
I presume the new baby hasn't been letting him sleep ?
Stuart was almost as bad though. He seemed to be pissed defensively but sober going forward. I gave him a 6. Most of the others I gave 6½ instead of the 7 that Trev gave everyone.
Because of their superb headed goals, I have actually given Wooly & Paul Ellerker half-a-mark more than I would have done otherwise !
I left Steve Cokell and Foysol with 7 as I thought we did well up front, but the statistics showed that Europa had twice as many shots as us and twice as many corners and had 19 clear-cut chances compared to our 9. To me, that shows we were all over the place from a defensive viewpoint...and that wasn't just the back three's fault.
Oz would have been a 9 out of 10 if he was a few inches taller ! By that, I mean that he was obviously at fault for their third goal because of a lack of height and also for some of the scrambles in our area from crosses and corners because he wasn't tall enough to come and claim them.
However, he did far better than we could have wished for, and if he wants to play in our last two matches I think he should do so.
I would like to know what 'Jacko' was doing sending me an e-mail from work on Monday morning (pestering me for sponsorship) when he was supposed to have 'flu' !?

As far as the Referee was concerned, I spoke to him afterwards and discussed the fact that it must have been an extremely difficult match to control as there were so many 50/50 decisions to make regarding offsides, handballs, clearances off or over the line and penalty claims, that whatever way he gave them he was always going to get the other team bollocking him.
As I suspected, the video proved that he got the majority of them right, but also several of them wrong. However, neither side benefitted more than the other overall.
We took his decisions well (as usual) without continuing any arguments, but Europa were on his back all the time as if he was the 'worst Ref in the world' and EVERY decision was going against them !
Indeed that's exactly what their No.15 told me afterwards !
It's as if they go into every match so fired up they lose all sense of reasoning and don't seem to realise one of their team-mates has just committed such a blatant and obvious foul that the Referee has no option but to give a penalty or free-kick just outside the area. I can't believe they could possibly watch the video (DVD) of this match and disagree when they see in slow-motion all the supposedly 'contentious' ones that we were rightly given !

To be fair to Europa, they were very congratulatory on the Final Whistle, and particularly towards Oz, and the only one of their players who had a bad attitude towards us (in addition to the Ref) during the match was their No.11, who seemed to want to start a fight by goading our players whenever they went down with a genuine injury. He seemed to calm down towards the end when he realised that we are not like that, but against other teams he won't be so lucky if he carries on with that crap.

If Marchie is reading this...good penalty save mate, but what was all the 'verbals' about with Stuart afterwards ?
...oh, and what's happened to your Match Reports on the Europa website ?