THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Our Final Two Fixtures

I have just had a chat with the League Fixtures Secretary regarding our final two fixtures of the season and this is the latest situation. (Hope it's not too complicated !!

Our one remaining Home match this season is against I.M.L. Red Cow, but they are still in all three Cup competitions and they will only be able to play us at Hazelwood before our permit expires on Sunday 2nd April if they lose in the next round (i.e. the Quarter-Finals) of both the League Senior Cup (against Broxbourne Rangers Old Boys this coming Sunday) and the Roy Bailey Challenge Cup (against Chaseside Old Boys on the 19th March). They are playing London Ajax in a Division One match on Sunday 12th March and a Herts County Cup Semi-Final on Sunday 26th March.
If they beat Broxbourne Rangers Old Boys this coming Sunday, then the Semi-Final of the League Senior Cup will be on the 19th March and their Roy Bailey Challenge Cup Quarter-Final against Chaseside Old Boys will be on Sunday 2nd April, which is the date they would play their Roy Bailey Challenge Cup Semi-Final otherwise. That will mean we have to play them at Enfield Playing Fields sometime in April instead, possibly in midweek with a 6.30.p.m. kick-off.
As I.M.L. Red Cow are unlikely to lose to both Broxbourne Rangers Old Boys and Chaseside Old Boys (bearing in mind they have won 22 matches in a row in all competitions !!!), I think it is safe to say that we have now already played our last-ever match at Hazelwood (the 4-3 win against The Wheatsheaf), assuming Enfield Council's cost-cutting measures for next season are true.

Our one remaining Away fixture this season is against Wormley Rovers. We declined their offer to play under floodlights on a Wednesday evening in March with a 7.45.p.m. kick-off as one or two of our players were unhappy with that scenario. They are happy to play us on Easter Day (Sunday 16th April) if we can field a team on that date, as other teams they still have to play may not be able to do. (Easter Sunday will suit me from a filming viewpoint as I will have no bookings to film Cup Finals on that date). However, if they lose to Division Four side Flamstead End in the Roy Bailey Challenge Cup this coming Sunday (which is unlikely), they will then play us on Sunday 19th March instead (which is when Paul Woolston is away in Ireland for the weekend, although Terry Moore and Nick Vertigans will both be back from holiday by then).
We will definitely not be playing them in midweek at Wormley though as they are only in one Cup competition instead of all three, so they can fit most of their remaining games in on Sundays for opponents who don't want to play them under floodlights in midweek during March.