THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad for this Sunday (19th February)

The squad for this coming Sunday's Division One match Away to Northmet (Riverside) at Holtwhites Hill is as follows:
Simon Jackson (GK) or Tony Speller (GK), Stuart Dorward, Paul Woolston, Andrew Warmerdam, Terry Moore, Juneka Junior, Paul Ellerker, Nick Vertigans, Peter Murphy, Derek Dorward, Steve Cokell, Foysol Ahmed, Colin Bester, Daniel George, Kris Spyrou & Ritchie Copues.

We have named the same squad as last week as Conor Mc,Govern has given no indication that he is fit from the ankle injury he suffered at training recently, and we do not know if Chris 'Nugget' Beeden is away visiting his girlfriend in Hull again this weekend. Obviously if both of them are available, they will come into the squad if others drop out or if Manager Trevor Hughes feels it is necessary to include them at the expense of others.

Regarding the goalkeeping situation, Tony Speller is willing to go in goal if necessary as he cannot play as an outfield player at the moment due to injury, but he would prefer it if Simon Jackson made himself available to play in this match instead. As Simon only lives 'two minutes' walk away from the ground, hopefully he will play this time, despite the birth of his son only last Sunday.
Of course Andrew Warmerdam is also still waiting to become a father any day now, so he may have to miss this match depending on the circumstances.

This match will see Paul Woolston make his 100th Appearance for the club. This includes one Reserve Team match, so it will be his 99th First Team Appearance.

Finally, if anybody needs a lift from the Southbury Leisure Centre, they need to meet there at 9.30.a.m. and let me know they are doing so.

Re: Squad for this Sunday (19th February)

I'll indicate on here once I'm fit but as originally stated, that ain't gonna be for a while - when does the 7-a-side start?

The 7-a-side League normally starts on the 2nd Monday in May.
We don't know whether we are entering two teams yet. (One on Mondays, one on Thursdays).

Actually, we need a Management Meeting soon to decide things like that, Conor...which will be just me, you, Trev & Stuart as there is nobody else left !?
There's also the AGM to think about, the Hazelwood problem, and one or two players owing over £20.00 in subs amongst other things !
I can make any Monday night for the next three weeks...8.00.p.m.ish ?

I can probably do next 3 Mondays.

I'm not available on Monday 27th.

This Monday cool with me

We'll make it this coming Monday then (20th Feb).
8.00.p.m. start...or is 7.30.p.m. more preferable ?

Assuming Tarby is in Manchester and Mark is in Braintree, we might as well have the meeting in my office if there is only four of us.
I'll have to get the wooden chairs back from Tim first though. (Tim, give me a phone when it's convenient and I'll come round and pick them up).

Yeah I am OK to play on Sunday but will not be making the pub this week. Cheers