THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Message For Osborn

Lee, are F.C. Vasco still interested in sharing half an Astroturf pitch with us at Southbury L.S. on Tuesday nights (9.00-10.00.p.m.) £28.00 per week ?

Hinton are now being allowed to train on grass at Holtwhites by their groundsman so they don't need to use the Astroturf again for the rest of this season.
This was why they were not there last week.

Obviously, tomorrow night might be too short notice for you, but you can train over there from next Tuesday onwards if you want.

Re: Message For Osborn

Will pass this on to the manager, maybe this season they will pass as not many people I believe are turning up for training but think they will definitely be interested next year ?? Would this be of interest ?

I can think of many suitable message for Osborn....and polite offers of training pitches ain't one of them!!

Lee, next season we may be using the Astroturf on Thursday nights between 8.00. & 9.00.p.m.
This is sharing half a pitch with another club who have been booking that day and time over there since it was opened.

However, as Bolton are likely to finish 4th and go in the Champions League, that means Spurs & Arsenal will both be in the EUFA Cup on Thursday nights, in which case we would then continue to train on Tuesday nights between 9.00.p.m. & 10.00.p.m. and you can then share that with us.
(We will not be able to get 8.00.p.m. to 9.00.p.m. on a Tuesday by the way...and Wednesdays are all fully booked).

If Spurs are in the Champions League and Arsenal in the EUFA Cup (or vice-versa), we will train on Thursday nights and you won't be able to share with us.

Trev...Do we need to make sure we find another club to share the Astroturf with for the rest of the season if F.C. Vasco do not want to use it ?
How are we off financially at the moment ?

The outstanding subs plus the current club funds is sufficient to pay me back all of the outstanding loan. We have no other debts so everything else we collect to the end of the season will be profit which we need to pay the entry fees for 7 a side and A.G.M. expenses. However, it is a waste of money if we do not sub let the half a pitch we are not using. Perhaps we could play a 30 minutes each way 11 a side friendly on some of the weeks particularly when we have no game on the Sunday.

I think a 30 minutes each way 11-a-side Friendly at training (when we haven't had a match the Sunday before) is a great idea, and I will advertise that on the League website if the rest of our players agree.

Obviously we will not have the likes of Paul Ellerker, Murf and Del, but everyone else should be able to make it, and it will give the likes of Dan, Kris & Ritchie a game.

We don't need to use kit...we just use the bibs, but obviously Trev will have to be the Ref as I won't be there most Tuesdays from now on as I am filming Non-League matches.

Arsenal and Spurs can't both be playing on Thursday nights Lol. You are clearly forgetting the mighty Hammers who are already nipping at the wobbly @rse and could well destroy Spurs dreams at the last game of the season !!!
PS. On holiday for 3 weeks from Friday so won't even be able to get over and watch the Eds until I get back !! Laters.

In the Eufa Cup they stagger the kick-off times for the benefit of TV, so one would be away, kicking-off at 6.00.p.m. and the other would be at Home kicking off at 8.00.p.m.

They wouldn't have one of them playing on a Tuesday or Wednesday as it would clash with Champions League and nobody would watch on TV.

If West Ham are in the EUFA Cup as well, they would play at Home at the same time as Arsenal or Spurs and it would be shown on a different channel.
Channel 5 and Bravo most likely.
The police might not be too happy, but TV companies run football in this Country !