THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad For This Sunday (12th February)

The squad for our Division One match at Home to The Wheatsheaf at Hazelwood this coming Sunday is as follows:
Simon Jackson (GK), Stuart Dorward, Paul Woolston, Andrew Warmerdam, Terry Moore, Tony Speller, Paul Ellerker, Nick Vertigans, Juneka Junior, Peter Murphy, Conor Mc,Govern, Steve Cokell, Derek Dorward, Colin Bester, Kris Spyrou, Daniel George, Foysol Ahmed & Ritchie Copues.

We have named a squad of 18 instead of the normal 16 as a number of players listed above are very doubtful for Sunday at the moment and it will be a 'miracle' if they all pass themselves fit.
These are Conor Mc,Govern (Suffered a serious-looking ankle injury at training), Steve Cokell (Has just gone down with Flu), Colin Bester (Is trying to recover from Flu), Andrew Warmerdam (Is due to become a father any day now), Juneka Junior (Suffered a collar-bone injury at training), Kris Spyrou (Pulled a thigh/groin muscle at training) & Foysol Ahmed (Didn't turn up to training...and gave no excuse).

We are definitely missing the likes of Darryl Johnson, Gary Cokell, Chris 'Nugget' Beeden, Robin Pryke and John Mc,Loughlin, but none of them can be classed as regulars now anyway due to long-term injuries and various other commitments.
Thankfully, Simon Jackson has now agreed to go in goal for this match and our game against Northmet (Riverside) the following week...unless his wife has the baby prematurely (it is due in late February).

The Wheatsheaf will be missing our ex-player Kevin Dedman for this match as he is apparently on holiday, but they told me they will have a decent side out and have played well in their recent matches...even though they seem to have lost most of them.
A bit like us then really.

Re: Squad For This Sunday (12th February)

Definately out for Sunday & I reckon probably the rest of the season.

That's bad news Conor, but as I have indicated on the Fixtures page, it is quite possible that after the Northmet match (on the 19th) we may have almost a two-month gap before we play our remaining three matches, which would then give you a chance to recover.

Having said that, it is more likely they will all be spread apart so that we play one match every four weeks...which in my opinion is no good at all as players will lose their fitness in-between. I would rather we play those remaining three games three weeks in a row, even if we have to wait two months to do so.

I will see the League Fixtures Secretary at a League Meeting tomorrow night and see what I can find out.

Fit, available and raring to recover from my 'mare last time....

Foysol is o.k. for Sunday.

He didn't come training because he was recovering from flu and thought it might have been called off anyway because there were only 8 there the week before !
(He is not on the internet, so he didn't know that we knew we would have a good turnout this week).