THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Video Notes From London Ajax Match

I have now finished editing the video and I haven't changed any marks out of 10. Those listed with the Match Report were a 'general consensus of opinion' between players who were down the pub afterwards and not Trev's marks, although they were fairly close and both Trev and the players all agreed that Terry was still Man Of The Match despite his own goal !

I have put Foysol's last-minute equaliser on Clip Of The Week...did it get a deflection off their No.3's chest as he went to challenge Foysol ? It's not easy to see from my angle.
At least it wasn't a 'sliced' cross though, so my apologies to Foysol for my initial description...not that he is on the internet anyway !
I have also saved Terry's Own Goal and Nick's goal, and as we haven't got a match next week, I will show both of these on Clip Of The Week at some stage before our next game. Remind me to do so if I forget !

A few other things that were 'confirmed' on video...
1) Their first goal was a good goal and none of our players were particularly at fault.
2) That was definitely a foul on Kris by their No.6 inside the area in the First Half, so we were unlucky not to have a penalty there.
3) Why are we not letting Juneka Junior take free-kicks inside the opposition half, both from shooting range and when the ball needs to go into the area ? He's a Brazilian 'for facks sake'. He clearly wanted to be involved in that indirect one (as you can see from the picture I have just put on the Match Report ), but Nick's effort was woeful, as have been several other efforts by various players this season (including Wooly, who has scored some good ones in the past). We should be doing...
Free Kicks In The Opposition Half...Juneka Junior (with Wooly getting in the box for a header)
Free Kicks In Our Half (Pumped Forward)...Wooly
Penalties...Nick
Corners...Steve Cokell and a right-footed player who is not great at heading the ball (e.g. Me whenever I have to play !)
4) The Ref was right to book Juneka Junior for persistent fouling as he kept giving players little digs and leading with his arms in aerial challenges. Junior told me afterwards that referees in Brazil allow play like that ! I therefore explained to him that over here they book people for that, but they often allow players to get away with 'man & ball' challenges from behind, as that is what the English game is all about. (Eh, Steve...ahem )
5) I don't know if this was mentioned down the pub as I didn't hear every conversation that was going on, but when Steve was booked for dissent, Stuart was just about to 'score ?' from Conor's headed flick-on when the Ref stopped play !
We have been getting far too many players booked recently and some of them have been a bit needless. Don't forget it's an £8.00 fine every time lads !
6) When their No.10 hit the post in the last minute of normal time when they had a four against one situation in their favour !, he looked a yard offside from the initial through ball but it went to No.15 instead, who was being played onside by Foysol. Everyone stopped and started bollocking Ritchie for not flagging, then the No.15 squared it to No.10 to have the shot, so No.10 was therefore then 'active in the second phase after seeking an advantage in the first phase without the ball going to him'. This is where the offside rule gets really confusing and players, club linos and referees all have their own interpretations.
What was Ritchie (and others) saying about this down the pub ?
Did Ritchie flag when the ball finally went to No.10 for a shot and the Ref then ignored the flag because it was 'late' ? (I can't see Ritchie on video by that stage).