THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
This Sunday (5th February)

Just in case players haven't bothered to look at the Fixtures page, it has now been confirmed that we DEFINITELY do not have a match this Sunday, so you are all now free to go shopping in Dublin, Paris or New York with the wife/bird for the weekend !?

I don't think there is any point in trying to arrange Friendly matches now as most players who still want to play for us are now getting a fairly regular game and we wouldn't be able to get a referee anyway.

If anybody is interested, Terry Moore has now been 'lumbered ?' with the Player-Manager's job for Old Edmontonians 1st XI on Saturdays and I know that some of our players are now going to start playing for them for the rest of this season to keep their fitness levels up (bearing in mind we now only have five matches left).
It could be that we might have two or three weeks in a row without a match on a Sunday during the rest of February, March & April.

Also, while I was down On Broadway yesterday, I had a chat with the bloke from behind the bar at the Southgate Hockey Centre. (For those that haven't noticed, he sits at the bar down On Broadway every Sunday lunchtime doing his Sunday Times crossword !).
He said that the Summer 7-a-side League WILL be running again this year, despite the bloke who organised it last year having left.
The barman (I don't know his name) will be sorting things out, alongside one of the girls who works there.
I have also checked the World Cup fixtures and none of England's matches clash with 7-a-side League games, even if they get through to the Final.
I think one Group game is a 5.00.p.m. kick-off, but we can always watch that in the bar there if we are playing at 7.00.p.m.