THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Goalkeeper Wanted ?

At the moment, Darryl is unlikely to play again this season, especially if we finish all our matches by early March (which is possible).
Simon (or rather George N'Bogwou) has put a message on here saying 'me is knot going to be fit for sundays' (Notice the 's' on the end there), and even if he is winding us up, we know that his wife is expecting in early Feb, so that would rule him out anyway.
Gary Cokell is probably not going to be available every week due to work & family commitments, and although Warmers had a bit of practice in goal at training last night and said he has played as an emergency keeper before, he is going to be missing in early February as well, as his girlfriend is also expecting a baby.

Tarby has gone in goal for us before, but he is now up in Manchester for 10 weeks, while Ozel Ozerman (our 7-a-side keeper) is too small for 11-a-side and now plays for a Turkish team on Sundays anyway.

I discussed the situation with Tarby after training last night and he thinks we should advertise for a new keeper on the League website immediately, not that I would be able to get one signed up at training as I am not going to be there next Tuesday...that's if we train at all.

We agreed that if we have an outfield player in goal and consequently lost all seven of our remaining matches it would not be a disaster if we ended up being relegated, as we would have a lot more chance of winning Division Two next season than Division One.
However, the danger of that is players might leave at the end of this season if that happened because they don't like losing every week...the same as happened last year.
It looks as if the best way of stopping that is probably to sign up a proper goalkeeper now, but if everybody is happy to just take a risk that somebody out of Simon, Gary Cokell and Warmers is available every week...and perhaps more importantly, capable enough...then we will stick with what we have got and not bother with the advert.

I would like some opinions on this before Sunday please, as that is when I will put the advert on...if necessary.

Re: Goalkeeper Wanted ?

Well, I think it's largely Gary & Warmers' call...I know I wouldn't fancy donning the gloves...if they are not happy then advertise right away, that's what I say....personally, I would stay regardless (unless Metroline keep tapping me up!) but would much prefer to stay up and win nothing than go down....

What about the thieving dirty scouser? We know he reads thid forum. There might be say 3 out of the seven that Coke's can't do & you know that Simons mysterious powers of recovery may allow him to play 1 or 2. Maybe 'Spider' could help us out for a week or two?

Conor, that's a good shout regarding Shaun.
I will 'investigate' what his current situation is at 'Sawbo' (if he does not reply on here first).

Looks like he's still playing regularly for Sawbridgeworth on Saturdays...and winding up Enfield Town supporters.
Go to: http://www.fansfocus.com/forum/postlist.php/Board/sawbridgeworth_town

I'm happy to fill in when required, but must pre-warn that i haven't play in goal for sometime and would be rusty.

i am happy to play when i can...
i will swap as many shifts as i can...
available this week...
but really dont think i can make 29th..