THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Training Next Tuesday

Next Tuesday I will be filming Gravesend & Northfleet v. Grays Athletic, Trevor & Mark will be going to Arsenal v. Wigan (Carling Cup Semi-Final 2nd Leg) and Russell will be back up in Manchester for another 10-week job.

That means none of us will be at training, so the only way we can keep training on next Tuesday is for somebody to volunteer to take all the balls, bibs & water bottles after the game on Sunday, then bring them to training and give them back to me at the following Sunday's match (with the water bottles re-filled !).
We also need somebody to organise the session, which Colin has actually volunteered to do, as he is doing some sort of sports science/coaching 'degree ?' at Southgate College and needs to do some coaching drills as part of his course.
Colin hasn't passed his driving test yet though, and we can't really expect his mum to ferry all the equipment over there and take it back again.

I presume that Conor will be watching Arsenal on TV and Stuart will be babysitting, so that rules them out, while last night we only had 10 turn up with no sign of the likes of Dan, Tom, Robin and several other registered players who did not play on Sunday and would normally come training if they were still interested.
We are obviously now starting to get a lot of squad members 'drifting away' and losing interest because they are not getting a game or because we only have seven matches left and are not in contention to win anything. In other words, there are 'better things to do on a Sunday morning and a Tuesday night'. This is quite understandable and it happens every season at this time of year.

The only players I can see going training next Tuesday are therefore Colin, Terry, Warmers, Nick Vertigans, Foysol, Juneka Junior, Ritchie & Kris.
That's 8 in total.
If 'might be's' such as Nugget, Junior (John Beasley), the Cokells, Dan, Tom, Robin, Simon, Johnny Mac & Wooly are all prepared to go, then training should be worthwhile, although it still doesn't solve the problem of who is going to take all the equipment.

I need a decision made on this BEFORE Sunday though, as it is going to be too inconvenient for somebody to pick up the balls, bibs & water bottles from me on Monday or Tuesday.