THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad For This Sunday (22nd January)

The squad of 16 for this coming Sunday's Division One match Away to I.M.L. Red Cow at Wormley Playing Fields is as follows:
Gary Cokell (GK), Stuart Dorward, Paul Woolston, John Mc,Loughlin, Peter Murphy, Paul Ellerker, Steve Cokell, Conor Mc,Govern, Derek Dorward, Colin Bester, Juneka Junior, Kris Spyrou, Foysol Ahmed, Ritchie Copues, Chris 'Nugget' Beeden (If he is not visiting his girlfriend...to be confirmed) & Robin Pryke (who said he would be available this week when we last heard from him well before Christmas...he was not at training this week, so we do not know what he is playing at, but he will definitely be needed for this game).

That's because defenders Andrew Warmerdam (Going away for the weekend), Terry Moore (Family/Social commitments ?) and Tony Speller (Still out injured) are all unavailable, as is midfielder Nick Vertigans (Going to Man. United v. Liverpool) and both goalkeepers Simon Jackson (Calf Strain) & Darryl Johnson (Groin Strain).

John Beasley (our original 'Junior') was at training this week and is already registered to play for us this season, having done so in August before he decided to play for another team in another League. Russell was trying to persuade him to play this Sunday, but he declined for the time being. If 'Junior' changes his mind, he can replace Chris Beeden or Robin Pryke in the squad if they drop out, as can Daniel George, who was not at training (which is why Ritchie Copues has been named in the squad ahead of him at the moment).

If any players need a lift to the venue, please inform myself or Trevor and meet at the Southbury Leisure Centre at 9.30.a.m. at the latest.

Re: Squad For This Sunday (22nd January)

Nugget is definitely not playing. He is visiting his girlfriend. Says he is 'gutted' to be missing this match though, as he knows all of IML Red Cow's players. He says he will make sure he doesn't arrange anything with his girlfriend the next time we are due to play them !

I have also managed to get in touch with Robin. He has been working on Sundays and is now doing a medical degree of some sort which is taking up a lot of his time, and because of that, he may not be able to play much (or come training) for the rest of this season. (For those that don't know, he works at Chase Farm Hospital as a samples analyst).
He was not at training this week because he is recovering from flu though, and he will make a decision on Saturday whether he will be fit to play this Sunday. It's 50/50 at the moment.

If Robin doesn't play, we will still have 14 as long as everybody else turns up, so there is no need to persuade others to come along when they know they are only going to be named as a substitute.
I presume Trev agrees ?

Johnny Mac has now dropped out due to what can best be described as 'a combination of old-age wear & tear injuries'. I know how he feels !

We really can't call anybody else up until Robin makes a decision, which may not be until Saturday night, so unless other registered players are willing to come along and bring their boots 'just in case'...in the knowledge that they may end up as an unused substitute, we will probably only have two subs this Sunday and maybe even just a bare eleven.

Stuart has now dropped out as his son Harry is in hospital.
Nothing serious, but he is being kept in today and overnight as a precaution.
Stuart had no sleep last night and will not be getting any tonight either, and that is the main reason he will not be playing.

Unless Robin decides to play, then we only have 13 including Dan. (Tarby spoke to Dan yesterday and 'persuaded' him to come along).