THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Apologies...and to clear the air a bit !

My apologies to Tarby for having a go at him yesterday when he was trying to help after the match.
Those changing rooms at Enfield Playing Fields are a nightmare though when you are trying to get all the kit in, collect in subs, write things down, etc.
Pokey little rooms !
It wouldn't have been a problem at Hazelwood.

Evidently (having now spoken to Trev and Stuart down the pub), I displayed my frustration in the changing rooms at our result after everybody else had already got that out of their system in there while I was packing the camera away.
This apparently happens every week, and by the time I get in there (10 minutes after everybody else), everybody is back in their normal 'piss-taking' mode when I am not ready for that.
I was alright down the pub afterwards, and when I do the match reports and the video notes (while editing), I can lighten up and see the funny side of things (believe it or not !).

It was good to hear that everybody WAS concerned that we had lost yet again, yet we are not all at each others throats and threatening to leave, which is what probably happens at a lot of other clubs.

I have to agree with everyone else that Wooly is talking nonsense when he says 'they wanted it more than us'. That sort of comment suggests that other players (apart from himself ?) gave up, but I didn't see any of that. If we had given up, we would have let in a lot more than four !
I understand that Wooly listened to and agreed with other players opinions to some extent after that, so that's good.

I would like to see more players make an effort to attend training on Tuesday, as I think we badly need to start practising 3-touch again. We haven't done that for ages because either Darryl or Jacko have been at training and they needed goalkeeping practice.
If Jacko turns up this Tuesday, then I would suggest that the two excuses he has given for missing the last two matches are dubious !
Maybe it might be an idea if Jacko phones either myself or Trevor to have a chat about things, as Gary Cokell is not going to be available to go in goal every week.
In my opinion, if we have no goalkeeper for most of our remaining matches, then we are going to start losing more heavily and players ARE going to get pissed off and 'give up'.

Re: Apologies...and to clear the air a bit !

good post lol

Re: Apologies...and to clear the air a bit !

No it wasn't !
I've just had a right bollocking from one of our players !