THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Video Notes

I have now finished editing the video of the Trent Park match from Sunday.
Pics are now included with the Match Report and Warmers' goal is Clip Of The Week. (Don't really want to see their winning goal again do we ! )

The video confirms that there was a definite foul on Juneka Junior in the build-up to that winning goal.
It also confirms that the wall for their first goal WAS about 14 yards away, not 10. We don't need Andy Gray's 'yardage machine' to see that !
Having said that, we rode our luck once or twice anyway and they probably deserved to score a couple at least, although so did we because our build-up play was good.
Their back four were actually their four best players and it was one of them who did that nutmeg on Murf !

The Referee had a reasonable game, but he did make one or two puzzling decisions.
Why was Paul Ellerker booked (and indeed their No.11 ) ? It looked 'nothing' on video and I would have thought just a word and a handshake would have sufficed. Was Paul booked for 'persistent fouling' instead ?
When Stuart and their No.9 had that flare-up late on, I initially thought that Stuart had jumped in to the challenge...and it looks that way in normal speed, but when you see it in slow-motion, their No.9 did go in even more over the top and 'jumped' on Stuart's thigh and the Referee certainly missed that one. Maybe that's why they substituted the No.9 shortly afterwards ?

Overall, I thought the game was a very good standard between two well-organised sides, but speaking to Juneka Junior at training earlier tonight, he was saying that it was crap and all 'long ball stuff' compared to what he is used to in Brazil and that we should have put our foot on the ball more, slowed the game down and kept possession.
Trev then told me that Gilberto Silva has now admitted that you can't do that in English football because the game is too fast and you will just get tackled straight away if you don't get rid of the ball early. That certainly applied on Sunday.

Re: Video Notes

also you need more time in brazil if you cant control the ball first time!!!

Poor referees! Never. I think players need to learn the laws of the game.

Next question?

Juneka Junior spoke?