THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fixtures Just Received

We have no match arranged for Sunday 22nd January at the moment, although if Percival's County Cup match is postponed this coming Sunday (15th January), they will then have to play that on the 22nd instead, which means that their Roy Bailey Challenge Cup match against The Wheatsheaf on that date will be postponed and The Wheatsheaf will not have a match. We can then play at Home to The Wheatsheaf in Division One, but it will have to be played on Pitch 13 at Enfield Playing Fields as St. Mary's are using our pitch at Hazelwood for a League game. (We will not be forced into playing at Enfield Playing Fields if we would rather play at Hazelwood though).
Alternatively, the League Fixture Secretary may re-arrange the fixtures to give us and The Wheatsheaf other fixtures.

If Percival play their County Cup match this coming Sunday and therefore play The Wheatsheaf on the 22nd as planned, then it is about 99% certain that we will not have a League game arranged.
As we are now starting to get players threatening to leave (in private conversations with myself and Trevor) if they do not start getting a game soon, we will now be looking to arrange Friendly matches for their benefit (despite what was said before Christmas), and that will include one on this date...with myself or Trevor refereeing if necessary (as the League will not have any spare for Friendlies). We hope that enough of our regular players will be willing to play in a Friendly so that we can field a side and keep our squad players happy. If too many cannot be bothered, then that's not very good for team spirit.

Darryl has now told me that he will be unavailable until the end of February due to injury and we don't know what Simon's situation is at the moment, so if we need to look at a new goalkeeper, we MUST try to play a Friendly on the 22nd.

We are at Home to London Ajax on Sunday 29th January.

Fixtures for February have not been announced yet.

Re: Fixtures Just Received

...got the match reps now, Lol....I will not be available on 29th, January as I'm going to Barcelona for the w/e...

Cheers,

Murf/Mr 65 Per Cent