THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad For This Sunday (8th January)

The squad (of 16) for our Division One match at Home to Trent Park (Arkay) at Hazelwood this coming Sunday is as follows:
Simon Jackson (GK), Stuart Dorward, Paul Woolston, Andrew Warmerdam, Nick Vertigans, Paul Ellerker, Peter Murphy, Chris 'Nugget' Beeden, Derek Dorward, Conor Mc,Govern, Steve Cokell, Colin Bester, Daniel George, Kris Spyrou, Ritchie Copues & Juneka Junior.

We now have a number of players unavailable for this match, namely Darryl Johnson (Groin Strain...presumably, as we have not heard from him since before Christmas), Terry Moore (Hamstring Injury from our last match on the 11th December), Tony Speller (Torn Thigh Muscle from the warm-up before our last match on the 11th December !), John Mc,Loughlin (Family Commitments in Kent), Robin Pryke (Didn't say why), Gary Cokell (Working), Foysol Ahmed (Suspended for not turning up to our last match...'overslept') & Flory Zinga (Disappeared).
We have named Juneka Junior in the squad ahead of one or two other registered players as Trevor was satisfied with his excuse for missing the last match, while he also turned up to training this week.

At the moment, the weather forecast says there might be a bit of frost & snow about on Sunday morning. Players are therefore reminded that if that is the case, it is up to the Referee whether the game goes ahead and we all have to turn up at the venue at 10.00.a.m. as normal.

Re: Squad For This Sunday (8th January)

Paul Ellerker has texted me to say that he is o.k. for Sunday.
However, Del has just phoned to say that he is 50/50 at the moment as he is supposed to be working. He will let us know for definite tomorrow.

Murf will be interested to know that Del has now seen Flory Zinga at work ! (Been on the same shift over Xmas).
Apparently, Flory didn't turn up to our last match (on the 11th December) because his girlfriend was in hospital, but Flory has not said anything to Del regarding his availability for forthcoming matches (or training sessions).

Happy New Year to everyone !!!
Don't forget that I'll turn up if needed but you'll have to let me know on Saturday so that I can head back from Kent early enough !!! I probs won't get there in time if you only let me know on Sunday morning. Chz.

text was to say couldn't make training....
will try to get there sunday and bring boots just in case..

Gary...If Del drops out later today, you will then definitely be in the squad (ahead of Johnny Mac).

Will Have to drop out for Sunday.

Has anyone heard from DJ otherwise I hope Gary will 'volunteer' for the No.1 shirt.

I only have a mobile number for Darryl as he now lives at a different address to the one I had at the start of the season.
However, he is not replying to text messages, and phone calls just go onto voicemail. I have left a message on there for him to get in touch.
I will try e-mailing him on the off-chance that he might be working tomorrow...that's if he still works at the same place ?!

Ozel Ozerman (our 7-a-side keeper) is registered, but I believe he now plays for a Turkish team on Sundays...and he is only five foot two anyway !

We knew this situation was going to happen at some stage this season, so we shall just have to get on with it, won't we ?
Toss a coin if necessary !

i will go in goal but 50 / 50 bout being there .
will try!

Re: Re: Squad For This Sunday (8th January)

Just for the record, i am not going to be fit until the end of Feb all going well. I have not received any text messages but i have had one voice mail from Lol which i received this morning.