THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Training Tonight !?

Hope everyone had a good Xmas & New Year.

You may have seen on the Latest Club News page that we have now decided to have training at the Southbury Leisure Centre tonight (9.00.p.m. start) despite Arsenal v. Man United being live on Sky.

I texted everybody last night (except for Trev, Mark & Conor, who will all obviously be watching Arsenal) to find out...
a) If they want to come training tonight, and
b) If they are available for this coming Sunday's match at Home to Trent Park (Arkay).

So far, well over half of those texted have not replied, which suggests either...
a) They have changed their mobile phone numbers recently without telling me.
b) They have got 'flu' or a hangover from Xmas.
c) They are having an extended holiday and are not back at work until next Monday. (By the way, Trev says that is nonsense and 'nobody' is doing that ! Er, Trev...I think you are wrong ! )

The 'culprits' are Colin, Del, Paul Ellerker, Simon, Darryl, Terry Moore, Robin, Speller, Johnny Mac & James Walker, while Murf does not have a mobile phone and I do not have a mobile number for Tom Dell for some reason.
Can these players please get in touch, as we want to name the squad for this Sunday tonight ?!

For training tonight, the only ones who are going at the moment are myself, Juneka Junior, Ritchie, Foysol, Dan, Kris Spyrou, Vertigans & Warmers.
That's 8, so it's not a bad start, and if we can get four more it will then be worthwhile.
I would have thought Colin, Robin & Tom would come...if we can contact them.

Wooly has been away in Ireland for the New Year and gets back this evening, Nugget is also still away visiting his girlfriend, Stuart is babysitting tonight, Tarby & Steve Cokell have flu and Gary Cokell texted back to say he is working (I presume he means for this Sunday ?).
Wooly, Nugget, Stuart & Steve Cokell are all available for this Sunday.

That's the situation at the moment.

Re: Training Tonight !?

Speller has just e-mailed me to say he is still suffering from a torn thigh muscle and is definitely not available for this Sunday.

I shall be there tonight....

Terry Moore is still injured (hamstring) and definitely not available this Sunday. He will come training next Tuesday for a fitness test.
Johnny Mac is not coming training and is not available this Sunday due to family commitments in Kent, although he might be able to get back in time if we can't field a team without him.
Robin is also not coming training tonight and is not available for the next two Sundays. He didn't say why.

I have still not heard anything from Colin, Del, Paul Ellerker, Darryl & James Walker.

We have 9 for training tonight at the moment, but at least that includes a goalkeeper. There is still a possibility of another 2 or 3 turning up.
I will be going 'whatever'. I would rather do a bit of running on my own (if necessary) than watch Arsenal !!!

As for this Sunday, the way I see it is that we now have a squad of 15 definites (which includes Ritchie, Dan, Kris & Colin), then the last place in the squad can go to either James Walker, Scott !?, Gary Cokell (If he is not working) or Tom Dell. It depends on whether any of those four get in touch (or turn up to training) to say they are available.
Although we have suspended Foysol, Juneka Junior & Flory Zinga for this match (because they all let us down for the last game), we can still name those three in the squad as they would have to play if we end up with less than 14.
Basically, we are without four full-backs this Sunday (Robin, Terry, Speller & Johnny Mac). It is obvious that the dilemma Trev has is whether to play Stuart at right-back and Murf at left-back or throw the youngsters in in those positions (e.g. Colin & Dan) and leave two 'quality' experienced midfielders as substitutes

Erm me and colin wil prob both be there at training tonite and as for sunday im available to play if needed.

I'm at work tonight but will be available Sunday...

Good stuff.

Training is definitely still on tonight then.

If worse comes to the worst and a few of the 11 who have promised to turn up blow it out at the last minute, we could always join in with Hinton as they are training as well tonight but may not get many because of Arsenal v. Man United.