THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Training & Remaining Matches, etc.

For the benefit of those who only read this Forum, I'll just clarify what's happening over Xmas and for the rest of the season.

There is no training tomorrow night (Tuesday 20th December) as that date is not on our permit for some reason. Not that it matters too much anyway as we do not have a match for the next two Sundays as they fall on Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
There is obviously no training on the Tuesday in-between Christmas & New Year (27th December) and we will not be booking training for Tuesday 3rd January as Arsenal v. Manchester United is live on Sky that night. We will then re-commence training on Tuesday 10th January.

We have re-booked training at the Southbury Leisure Centre every Tuesday until the end of March, although we are obviously going to have to cancel training on Tuesday 21st February (Real Madrid v. Arsenal) and Tuesday 7th March (Chelsea v. Barcelona). Unfortunately we will not be able to get a refund.

The League will not be announcing fixtures for Sunday 8th January and Sunday 15th January until later this week, and they will not be announcing fixtures for the 22nd & 29th January until mid-January.
As we were knocked out of all three Cup Competitions in the First Round as usual (or 'as near as dammit' !), we now only have nine matches left this season, but 18 Sundays up until the first week in May (the end of the League season) in which to play them ! Due to all other teams in our Division still being involved in Cup Competitions, this means we are probably going to be playing roughly every other week (and even having two-week breaks here and there) rather than playing all these nine matches in January and February and finishing our season in early March. We are unlikely to arrange Friendly matches when we do not have a League game as too many of our players have work or family commitments that they need to get out of the way in preference to playing in a Friendly. We will also not be able to get a referee as the League do not have any spare. It is very frustrating but it's our own fault for 'screwing up' in the Cup Competitions.

If we have a game on the 8th January, the squad will be named here and on the Fixtures page on Tuesday 3rd January. We will have to guess on availability though as we have no training the Tuesday before. If players are definitely not available for the 8th January, please let us know asap.

I apologise for my non-attendance down On Broadway yesterday. This was due to family illness. Trev went to Arsenal v. Chelsea which was why he was also not down there.
I also apologise for the lack of updates and messages on the website & Forum from myself lately. This is because my computer has broken down and I have had to transfer everything over to my laptop. (This was another reason why I couldn't get down the pub yesterday, but not the main one).
If anybody knows how to instal a new fan and heatsink on a computer's CPU and also instal an additional cooling system (to stop the hard-drive from 'complete wipe-out'), please let me know !!!

If 'Murf' or 'Johnny Mac' (or anybody else for that matter) would like to e-mail me an 'official humorous' report on the 'Leo Sayer' yesterday (including who exactly was there), I will put it in on the December Match Reports page ! (They can also post the report here on this Forum).