THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sunday 18th December

As Flory & Robin both turned up to training last night 'fit and well', this has got me thinking about whether we could actually get a side out of 'non-drinkers' for a Friendly next Sunday !

Assuming all those who normally go down On Broadway after matches are adamant that they would rather go down there to get a seat for our 'All-Dayer' than play in a Friendly, we could still probably field a 'worst-case scenario' team as follows:
Ozel Ozerman in goal, Colin, Flory, Robin & Dan in defence, Foysol, Juneka Junior, Murf & Tom in midfield, and Kris Spyrou & James Walker up front. (I know Kris & James are both midfielders, but we haven't got anybody else).

An 'Old Boys' match is definitely out of the question, but I can certainly arrange a Friendly against a lower Division side if enough players can guarantee that they will turn up and not let us down at the last minute.

Personally, I would much rather watch/film/even play in ! a game of football for Rovers than sit down the pub all day...but then, I am not a drinker.

Your opinions please.

Re: Sunday 18th December

...of course Shaun could always play in goal for us in a Friendly, then come down the pub afterwards to see the lads ?
He won't get a seat though !

Personally I would prefer to get down the boozer early doors but will play if it's the diff twix a game being played or not....

I didn't know you were planning to go down the pub, Murf !
You don't normally.

Yeah, Lol, I don't really like a beer after a game and generally have things to do on a Sunday...however, I've cleared the decks for the 18th and am looking forward to a few sherberts with the team...just hope Ozzi don't come....

Definitely no game on the 18th now.
I can't find any suitable opponents for us !