THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad For This Sunday (11th December)

I have only just got in from filming Grays Athletic v. Altrincham. The game didn't kick-off 'til about 9.00.p.m. due to a floodlight failure.
As I am too tired and need some kip, I won't be putting the squad on here until late on Wednesday morning (instead of Tuesday evening as I have been doing lately)...just to keep you all 'in suspenders' (as Osborn might say ?!)

Re: Squad For This Sunday (11th December)

The squad (of 16) for this Sunday's Division One match at Home to Europa at Hazelwood is as follows:
Simon Jackson (GK), Stuart Dorward, Tony Speller, John Mc,Loughlin, Andrew Warmerdam, Terry Moore, Nick Vertigans, Conor Mc,Govern, Steve Cokell, Derek Dorward, Paul Woolston, Juneka Junior, Foysol Ahmed, Robin Pryke, Flory Zinga & Chris 'Nugget' Beeden.

Paul Ellerker & Peter Murphy are both unavailable due to social commitments on Saturday night, while we are assuming that Darryl Johnson is still injured as we have not heard from him to say otherwise. We have named Simon in goal again as I'm sure he will not want it to be left until the last minute on Sunday morning. (We cannot risk not having a keeper at all).

Despite having Paul, Murf & Darryl missing, this is still the strongest squad we have named so far this season.
Del & Wooly both missed last Sunday's match but are available for this one, while Robin was at training last night and has now recovered from his ankle injury.
'Nugget' has also been coming training regularly (including last night) and has now re-joined us from Data, while Flory Zinga was also at training last night !
I'm sure Murf (and everyone else) will be interested to know where Flory has been lately. Apparently he had his car broken into and his mobile phone stolen shortly after he played for us against North West Neasden. He is not on the Internet and has not been working on the same shifts as Del, so as he had lost all our phone numbers, he was unable to let us know that he was going away on holiday (which is where he has been the last few weeks). Come to think of it, I seem to remember him telling me he was going away when I gave him a lift back from that North West Neasden match, but I couldn't write it down while I was driving !
Anyway, Flory is definitely keen to play for us and will be there this Sunday.

If anybody drops out of the above squad, Colin Bester will be the first replacement, while we also have numerous others available if needed.

...so he didn't know his work no. to call Del?....sounds like a nominee for the Employees Initiative Award....there's a hole in every argument....and I'm just the man to find it!!

Wooly has just e-mailed me to say that he can't play this Sunday due to family commitments....and it is NOT Xmas shopping in Paris or Dublin !
He is gutted about missing yet another game but will be down the pub on the 18th.

Colin will therefore now replace him in the squad.

Also just a warning that I have not received confirmation of Nugget's transfer yet. It looks as if it may have got held up in the post.
I will know for sure by tomorrow (Saturday) lunch-time whether he will be able to play or not.

Re: Re: Squad For This Sunday (11th December)

Just to let you know that i will probably not be available untill the end of Jan at the earliest. Gutted!!!!

The League Registration Secretary has given the go-ahead for Nugget to play, so that's o.k., but Colin has dropped out with flu and so has Terry Moore, who got another knock playing today.
Terry will come along to watch and bring his boots to go sub as a last resort, but at the moment we still have three subs.