THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Old Boys game

Just seen on the main page a possible old boys game on 18/12.

Put me down for that one. Been a while since I have seen the chaps.

Anyone else lined up to play Jnr, Steve etc?

Re: Old Boys game

I have just been speaking to the League Fixtures Secretary this afternoon and he tells me that he is about 99% certain that we won't have a League game on Sunday 18th December.

I will therefore contact Enfield Council on Monday and try and book Pitch Two at Hazelwood (as St. Mary's are using our normal pitch for a League game).
If we can't use Hazelwood, I should be able to find a pitch somewhere else as there's not a lot of matches on that date due to Xmas parties the night before, etc.
I will say now then, that THE OLD BOYS MATCH IS DEFINITELY ON !
If On Broadway is 'rammed' afterwards because of Middlesborough v. Spurs then we might have to look at going somewhere else for a drink if there is going to be about 20-30 of us trying to get in there !? (Stu/Conor please advise ?).

To answer Shaun's question, as it happens, Junior (i.e. John Beasley, not our new Brazilian signing !) has just e-mailed me today because he can't access the Forum any more. He is well up for playing in the Old Boys match and I'm sure we can get many others as well.

We will be looking at giving priority for playing for the Current Side to some of our youngsters who have not been getting a game recently.
Some of those who have been with us for years (e.g. Conor, Del, Stuart & Speller) can play for the Old Boys' Team if we have more than eleven current players available.
I will also have a run-out for the Old Boys as I can get one of my trainee cameramen to film the game.
I'm sure the likes of Tarby, Rebairo, Mark Howley, Nugget, Steve Beasley, etc. will play, although Osborn & Dedman won't be able to as the clubs they are now playing for already have a game on that date.

I will have a fiver on the old boys winning this one- as long as Trevor ref's properly this time.

If you look on the Fixtures page you will see that the 'Old Boys' game on the 18th Dec. is now OFF !
Not my idea, but it's all explained on there.

You complete bunch of wasters- i was looking forward to smashing a few of you up :)

Scouse boy, stick to life between the sticks. We've all seen you play outfield and it aint pretty.

Oh I intended to stay in goal mate. You can get away with a bit more there. Scored any OG's lately? :)

me?? own goals??? how very dare you!

...but he is a master of some sort of Scottish jig....

The "special brew" jig?

Stand outside the tube growling and swaying ? That is the most recent Scotish Jig I have seen lately.

It is hard to replicate that on the dancefloor, you just cannot recreate the smell of elderly yak's piss. It just doesn't have the same effect