THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Training at the Southbury Leisure Centre

Just to let those who are still interested in going know that training is definitely ON next Tuesday (6th December) and the Tuesday after (13th December), but there is NO training on the 20th December as that date is not on our permit for some reason. Not that it matters too much anyway as we don't have a match the following Sunday (Xmas Day).

There is obviously no training over Xmas (Tuesday 27th December) and I am not going to book training for Tuesday 3rd January as Arsenal v. Man. United is live on Sky that night.

We will then re-commence training on Tuesday 10th January.

We only had 13 there last night and only 10 the week before and it appears that most of our first-choice players are now starting to lose interest in attending, which always happens at this time of year.
The reasons for that are niggling injuries from playing every week which therefore need to be rested, late working hours coming up to Christmas (our younger players don't seem to have those sort of jobs !), and frustration that too many of our better players cannot attend, thereby resulting in the standard being poor...as it has been the last couple of weeks.

I know it's frustrating for those who are still attending training but the above excuses are all fair enough as far as I am concerned.
We don't force players to come training as they are not on contract like a Saturday club.

I won't be there next Tuesday as I am filming Grays Athletic v. Altrincham, and at the moment there are only 10 players (including Trev & Mark) who will probably be there if we play this coming Sunday.
However, if this Sunday's match gets called off, I would like to see the likes of Stuart, Steve Cokell, Conor, Terry & others to make an effort to attend training if they can.
If we have to call training off on the 6th & 13th because not enough players are interested, we do not get a refund and it will be a waste of club funds.