THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fixtures Just Received

We are at Home to Europa in a Division One match on Sunday 11th December, but on Sunday 18th December when we wanted a match (preferably at Home so we get more down On Broadway) we have no match arranged !!
This is because all other teams who we have not yet played are either playing in County Cup matches, have asked to be released, or do not have their Home pitch available.

It is possible that we might have a League match re-arranged at short notice for the 18th if County Cup games get postponed on the 4th and/or the 11th but it probably won't be at Home as St.Mary's are at Home on that date at the moment and will therefore be using the pitch.

What we could do then, is book Pitch 2 at Hazelwood (the currently unused one) off the Council for the 18th and play an 'Old Boys Match' on it. The Old Boys can then all come down the Pub as well.
If we hear on Monday 12th Dec that we suddenly have a League game on the 18th, then we cancel the Old Boys Match...and if we can't get a refund for Pitch 2 if we have already paid for it, so be it.

A few questions first though...

Presumably it is going to be absolutely 'rammed' in On Broadway at 12.30.p.m. on Sunday 18th bearing in mind Middlesborough v. Spurs is a 1.00.p.m. kick-off Live on Sky Pay-Per-View in there ?
(We couldn't even get in the door the other week !)

If we have an Old Boys match, who is going to Referee it ?

How do we decide who plays in the Old Boys match ?
(Or who actually WANTS to play in an Old Boys match ?)

Re: Fixtures Just Received

I fear I will not be available for a 6.5 out of ten, 3 quid performance on Sunday 11th, Dec as I will be out imbibing to the wee small hours on Sat 10th, Dec.

Cheers,

Murf