THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad for this Sunday (27th November)

The squad (of 16) for this Sunday's Division One match at Home to Northmet (Riverside) at Hazelwood is as follows:
Darryl Johnson (GK), Stuart Dorward, John Mc,Loughlin, Andrew Warmerdam, Terry Moore, Paul Ellerker, Derek Dorward, Peter Murphy, Conor Mc,Govern, Steve Cokell, Tony Speller, Colin Bester, Juneka Junior, Daniel George, Kris Spyrou & Ritchie Copues.

Hopefully, nobody will drop out of the squad named above as we appear to have run out of players to replace them with, judging by the pathetic turnout we had at training this week !!
Definitely missing this match are now Paul Woolston (On Holiday), Nick Vertigans (Going to Helsinki for the weekend), Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo (Has now left the club...as you will have seen from a previous thread) & Robin Pryke (Obviously still injured as he was not at training again), while we have not heard from Flory Zinga or Foysol Ahmed since last Sunday (neither were at training), James Walker is currently suffering from flu and the likes of Gary Cokell and Scott Robertson appear to be concentrating on work & family matters at the moment. Thomas Dell continues to come training every week and is now close to a call-up because of this, even though he still has to improve. There is quite a strong possibility that he may be needed this Sunday unless we chase up others to play who have not been bothering to let us know what they are doing.

Some of you may have seen that the weather forecast for this Sunday is either snow or frost.
If it is snow, and too thick to clear the lines, the Council groundsman will call the game off (at around 9.15.a.m.). If that happens, I will text everybody...so if you have changed your mobile phone number fairly recently and not given it to me...'tough' if you don't get the message and still turn up there !
If it is frost or just a light dusting of snow, it will be up to the Referee (at 10.30.a.m.) and we will all have to turn up at the venue. If we don't and the other team do, we lose the points whether the pitch is playable or not !

Re: Squad for this Sunday (27th November)

am available , but as i cant get in a squad of "18" you will not have to think to hard why not been bothering to change work shifts!!

Apologies for not letting you know about training but I thought I was in the 'lives too far away' category. For future reference, take it that I won't be there unless I say I will. Anyhow, available for Sunday but please text me early doors if it's off as I'll be leaving home about 9:15 to get there.

Johnny Mac...No problem regarding training now we know.

Gary...That week we named a squad of 18 (for the 6th November), you were not named in it because you told us on the Forum for the previous game that you were 'struggling with your back' and to call somebody else up if we could. We then didn't hear from you again and you weren't at training, so obviously we then named others ahead of you as we assumed you were either still injured or working....and we then applied the same principal with the squads we named for the 13th and the 20th.
Robin, Foysol & Scott are also in the same boat as they were not at training last night and we have not heard from them for a while. We are therefore not going to name them in the squad ahead of others unless they contact us and let us know if they are available for selection.
When I spoke to Ritchie last night though, he didn't seem particularly keen to be named in the squad this week, so if he wants to put a message on here that you (Gary) can replace him in the squad this Sunday, that's fine by us.

By the way, I have just seen a weather forecast which says it is NOT going to snow or freeze up over the weekend now...or at least not in London anyway !
It is going to be about 9 degrees C and rain instead, although not heavily enough for a waterlogged pitch postponement, so the game will 'definitely' be on.

Not keen! Thats why I turn up when I am not even picked, Lol. Inwardly I was doing cartwheels.

Yea im availble if needed for sunday and wil prob stil b turnin up just incase