THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Kizza Has Left

Just had a text from Kizza saying that he was playing in a trial match for a Kent-based club yesterday morning.

I don't know who the club in question are and whether they are a Saturday (Semi-Pro) or a Sunday club, but he says they have guaranteed him a place in their First Team starting line-up as a left-winger, and obviously as it is much nearer to where he lives he has accepted their offer and will no longer be playing for us.

He says he has enjoyed his time with us and learnt a lot and may come over and watch now and again when he does not have a game.

Re: Kizza Has Left

Just found out he has joined the Tenembee Sports Development Club.

Tenembee used to be a top Sunday League side in South-East London in the late-80's & early-90's. Ian Wright played for them before he joined Crystal Palace.
I videod one of their Youth Teams in a Cup Final in the late-90's when Shaun Wright-Phillips was playing !

Tenembee don't actually run mens teams in Leagues any more. What they do now is this Sports Development thing where they take 16-19 year-olds who have been released from (or failed trials with) Pro clubs, give them proper coaching every day and a part-time College education (normally 'Sports Science' or something like that), put them on a contract and arrange Friendlies against other Sports Development Centres and Pro Clubs' Youth Teams.
They then invariably get signed up by Semi-Pro clubs from the Conference downwards, mainly in the Ryman Premier though and other Leagues of that level.
The Sports Development Centre then get a fee because they put the player on contract...which is why Kizza can no longer play for us.

If you walk past the Southbury Leisure Centre Astroturfs during the daytime on Monday-Friday (normally late morning or mid-afternoon), you will see these sorts of players from our local 'branch' of one of these Sports Development Centres using the facilities.

Kizza also said that he has been asked to join Thamesmead Town, who are in the Kent League (which is the same level as the Spartan South Midlands League Premier).

Good luck to him anyway.

All the best Kizza - Good luck with that !!

I,m sorry but can anyone become semi-pro now?
Go on Dan my son! A must for all non league clubs!