THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad For This Sunday (13th November)

The squad (of 16) for this coming Sunday's London F.A. Sunday Intermediate Cup match Away to North West Neasden 'A' is as follows:
Darryl Johnson (GK), Stuart Dorward, Paul Woolston, Andrew Warmerdam, Terry Moore, Tony Speller (Assuming he has recovered from his rib injury), Paul Ellerker, Derek Dorward, Conor Mc,Govern, Steve Cokell, Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo, Colin Bester, Daniel George, Flory Zinga, Juneka Junior & John Mc,Loughlin.

We now have several players missing this match, namely Nick Vertigans (Social Commitments), Robin Pryke (Injured Ankle), Peter Murphy (Going away to New York for the weekend), Gary Cokell (Family/Social Commitments ?) and Foysol Ahmed (Not fit enough yet after 6 weeks of fasting for Ramadam). Hopefully we won't have any more players cry off because the venue is 'too far away and they will miss the Sunday roast'....a feeble excuse that is often used for away London Cup matches !

This match will be Paul Ellerker's 100th Appearance for the club. Is Trevor making him Captain for the day ?

We will be meeting at the Southbury Leisure Centre at 9.00.a.m. and leaving there at 9.15.a.m. at the very latest, travelling in convoy. (Hopefully we will have enough volunteers to drive ?!
If players are not there by that time, we will leave without them and assume they are making their own way to the venue, which is now the HSBC Bank Sports Ground in Smug Oak Lane, Bricket Wood (near St. Albans) and not the Bricket Wood Sports Centre itself, as we were previously advised.
Full details of how to get there are on the Fixtures page of the website.

Finally, please note that we have been requested to inform all our players to put on and take off their boots OUTSIDE the changing rooms before and after the match.

Re: Squad For This Sunday (13th November)

Speller is definitely NOT playing.
He has badly bruised ribs and has been told to rest for two weeks, although he thinks he might be alright for our game next week. (He will let us know nearer the time).

I will therefore call up Kris Spyrou into the squad to replace Speller. (I believe he is the next in line, Trev ?)

James Walker has also e-mailed me to apologise for not being around recently. This has been due to an increase in College work, but he is available for this Sunday if needed and he may be coming along anyway.

By the way, we haven't forgotten Ritchie Copues & Scott Robertson, but obviously we have plenty of defenders in the squad at the moment and I think those who have been attending training will agree that Kris deserves a chance.

Tom Dell also played well at training last night and is improving, and I definitely think we should arrange a Friendly for these youngsters (and others who are not getting a game) the next time we don't have a match. Probably won't be until after Xmas though.

Lol, has anyone really ever cried off for Sunday roast?? (Apart from Ronaldo)

If we are talking about 'food' roasting, then yes !
Speller, last year Away to Dees !...and there have been plenty of others in the past who I can't remember.

Shame Speller can no longer access this Forum in order to try and defend himself.