THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Murf's Report

Good report as usual, Murf.

I had to laugh about the 'Premiership waits for Sky, F.A. Cup waits for BBC' bit.
At some Cup Finals I have filmed, I have had a chat with the ref beforehand and told him not to start until I have given him a signal that I am ready, but this is the first time it has happened at a Rovers' match.
It's all the players' fault for wanting to get back out on the pitch so quickly !
Maybe we should get them to go back into the changing rooms at Half-Time when it's pissing down with rain !?
That'll delay things a bit !

I actually got the 'inverted umbrella moment' on video, as it happened just in front of the 'cowshed' when Lea Valley Royals were taking a goal kick, so I zoomed right in on it. Absolutely hilarious.
Did you know it was actually Dan's grandad ?
I can never understand why people bring umbrellas when they watch our matches in conditions like that...and they get in the way of the camera even if I am standing on a vantage point. (Ritchie, you were one of the culprits yesterday).
What's wrong with wearing hooded waterproofs instead ?!

By the way, Murf...how do you spell Conor/Connor/Conner ? (or was that deliberate ?)

Re: Murf's Report

Thx Lol....no, it wasn't deliberate...each time I type his name I wonder...."how does he spell his name..?"!!!...so put right, Mr. McGovern....

quality work Murp

I notice Dan's Grandad had a yellow & black umbrella, which was a bit inappropriate bearing in mind who we were playing.

Maybe Dan could buy him a new one in Jade & Black for Xmas ?

Sorry Lol, could you please amend your club rules and regulations page to include
" All spectators must come equipped with a pac-a-mac in case of inclement weather. They must under no circumstances bring an umbrella as it really gives Lol the hump"

You could then have another page or pages on the website and fill them with a list of things that give you the hump, such as camera macs and pesky dangling lens caps to name but a few.

Yeah, well done Murp!

Thanks, Scott, Stu and anybody else who reads me!

Lawrence. how could you stand there with your Brownie
and not come to the assistance of this poor old sod
having trouble with his brolly.Stillgood news. as
Rovers No1 supporter[ probably the only one]after taking legal advice I am entitled to royalties from you video sales which is probably more entertaining
than the match. So therefore perhaps you could buy me
a new umbrella from the proceeds. Looks like Ritchie
could do with a new one as well.
Incidentally I gave myself a 9 for performance