THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Another Goal For Conor !?

I am still catching up on the backlog of editing match videos from last season and I am currently doing the game against Everest when we drew 3-3 at Hazelwood...our last First Team match in the Premier Division.

Our first goal in that was a scramble from a corner which Conor initially claimed, but everyone else immediately said it was an own goal (probably winding him up, but we recorded it officially as an own goal anyway).

Having now finally looked at the video though (frame by frame !), I think it should have been Conor's goal, as his shot was on target before it took deflections off three different players before finally crossing the line. The argument (by our other players who were in the 6 yard box at the time) for it being an own goal was that after the second deflection (off 'Baxter's arm on the line), the ball then would have gone wide of the far post before hitting their No.5 (Neil Williams) on the knee on the goal-line and going in, but from the angle the camera had, that looked a bit too dubious to judge.

The other thing is that looking at the video, I'm not quite sure whether Conor actually got the most meaningful touch as the corner came across, and it may even have been a Nick Vertigans own goal in that respect, as he was challenging Conor at the time !
(Nick was playing for Everest in that match of course, as was 'Warmers', who also had a good view of the incident).

I will try and get this on Clip Of The Week later today (Saturday) if anybody wants to have a look during Sunday or Monday. It will be taken off after that...unless our game against Lea Valley Royals is postponed and therefore not edited.

Conor won last season's Top Goalscorer award anyway, so it won't matter in that respect, but if everyone agrees it was his goal, it will be another one to add to his total in his quest to break Julien Nurse's All-Time record.

Re: Another Goal For Conor !?

F@ck me Lol, you don't expect any of these kants to give me a goal do you??

This is now on Clip Of The Week if anyone wants to have a look.

Conor, are you admitting it was an own goal anyway ?

Defo Connors goal, cannot believe there was an inquest in the first place!

Well, that's one independent opinion in Conor's favour, and also 'Warmers' said to me down the pub yesterday that it was Conor's goal and not an own goal, so I will therefore now alter it in the records (with the next website update).