THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Marks Out Of 10 Changed

Having now edited the video of Sunday's 3-0 defeat, I have changed a few of Trevor's marks (as anticipated by some players ?).
However, I have not lowered any marks, but raised a few.
We actually defended quite well, and it was only when Robin got injured in the last 10 minutes that we started making mistakes.
I have given both Stuart & Terry 7's instead of 6.5's, Pete Murphy was a 6.5, not a 6 and Colin & Darryl both deserved half a mark more than Trev gave them, as they were not the only players at fault for the last goal.
Colin actually played quite well when he came on, but he was obviously at fault for their second goal.

Our forwards and attacking midfielders all definitely deserved a 6 though. If we were giving marks out of 10 for effort, they would all get a 9 or a 10, but London Ajax's defenders were too good for them on the day and we only really had one clear-cut chance in the whole match (Del's shot from Stuart's through ball...which is now on Clip Of The Week).

Having watched the video and seen the way London Ajax defended, I think we need to change our tactics and formation the next time we play them.
I'm not going to say what to on here as they all read our Forum, but we can discuss it at training...if anybody is going.

Re: Marks Out Of 10 Changed

Oh go on, give us a clue...

Does it involve any rugby style kick offs?

Don't know that I'd give your skipper a 7, the rest of your defence must have been shattered after having to carry him for most of the game...

Mr 65 per cent returns..!