THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Video Notes

I have now finished editing Sunday's match against Metroline Uniques and as I suspected, Trev's Marks Out Of 10 that he gave down the pub were way out...in my opinion !!!

We had 19 clear-cut chances, and yes I know there was a lot of bad finishing, but the build-up play was absolute quality and it's the best we have played so far this season going forward.
Steve Cokell was therefore my Man Of The Match with 7.5, but Conor, Del & Speller were all 7.5 as well (instead of 7's) for their creative play and Kizza deserved a 7 rather than a 6.5 as he made a big difference when he came on.

There was NO WAY that any of our defenders deserved an 8 (as Trev gave them). They didn't play badly and didn't make any really bad mistakes, but Metroline Uniques had NINE clear-cut chances and their No.9 had five of them from simply outpacing us at the back (which was NOT our midfield's fault !)
It was good play by them and I thought they were the best side we have played so far this season in terms of attacking ability, but the only reason we kept a clean sheet was because their finishing was poor.
If we had reduced them to only two or three chances then maybe 7.5's or 8's would have been justified, but for me, Robin, Stuart & Wooly were all 7's, as was Paul Ellerker, even though he thought he had a bad game and should have been a 6 or less !?

All in all though, it was a good performance by everybody and nobody was less than a 7 (except John & Dan of course, who were both only on for 8 minutes).

As for the Del penalty incident in the Second Half, the video shows it should have been a definite penalty (and probably a sending off) as their No.6 deliberately barged into Del and knocked him off the ball and to the ground BEFORE toe-poking it back to the keeper (deliberately !).
Having said that, the ref had a good game apart from that and it didn't affect the result.
The ref was very complimentary afterwards on our sportsmanship (and that of our opponents). I noticed that Johnny Mac's first touch of the game was a foul, but at least he apologised to his opponent.
Let's keep that up lads, as we win trophies for sportmanship in this League.

The Clip Of The Week from Sunday's game is Darryl making a 'save' (which Scott & Ritchie found very entertaining on the touchline ! ).
This is now online already.

I will bring the full 'Video Notes' to training for Stuart to read !

Video Notes - Porky's Athleticism

Pedestrian - to say the least, you make Rebairo look quick!

Re: Video Notes

2 things - I really didn't think the Del incident was a pen at all - it looked to me like the guy just got his body there which is legal. Perhaps we can see that clip as it's 2 weeks till our next game??

2nd thing - DJ, that keepers top has to go!!! We look like a well turned out side & then DJ comes into shot in a top that I would only wear to do decorating in - Sort it out DJ!!!

A nice burberry number with tassels perhaps?

Conor...unfortunately I have already edited the video and can't save another WMV file from it for Clip Of The Week (very technical to explain !), but of course it will be on the Volume Two Compilation DVD which I will have with me at training next Tuesday (for players to buy at £5.00 per copy).
The challenge on Del wasn't shoulder to shoulder though. He barged into him more from behind.

Regarding Darryl's keepers' top...apparently he wears that old rag because the ball 'spins off the chest area' of all three of our proper (and expensively purchased) keepers' tops and causes him to 'fumble long balls'.
Maybe he could bring some velcro and a rubber computer mouse mat (or something similar) with him to each game and stick that on the front of our keepers' tops ?! That should do the trick ?!
I have warned him that as soon as Denis Coventry refs us again we will end up getting fined for him wearing that 'thing', although DJ did say to me the other week that he was going to hand-stitch a number one on the back !

I'd just like to point out that, at this rate of consistent reporting, by the time our next match comes along, I'd have played half an hour last Sunday.
Enjoy training tonight chaps - can't make it as I have a game tomorrow night !!

Conner, you're righthe top has to go. I found it near a skate board park!! I will sort a new top out, but the shirts in the kit bag really are no good to me when it comes to holding onto the ball in my chest. The ball just spins out of my grasp, although some of you would argue my gloves are made of the same material!!!!