THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Video Notes

I have managed to get Sunday's win against Wormley edited already and I have put the penalty incident on Clip Of The Week. (This is now online already for those who want to have a look).
I think we will all agree that it should have been a sending off, but that the foul on Conor was actually outside the area...and also, Nick Vertigans fouled their No.6 (Bushnell) in the build-up !!

We fully deserved to win anyway.
Wormley didn't have a worthwhile shot at goal until the 67th minute and we had something like 12 clear-cut chances compared to their two or three.

In Murf's report, he talked about the chance he missed from Nick Vertigans' cross (which would have been a Goal Of The Season contender if he had scored).
Somebody on the line (I think it might have been Conor's mate John ?) shouted out 'Come on you've got to bury that', but it looked on video as if Murf would have got his head kicked in if he had gone for it !? (Conor did inform us that his mate John is a 'hard bastard' who would go in for those sort of challenges himself though ! )

Another incident people were talking about was when their No.7 wanted a penalty after Darryl dived at his feet in the Second Half. Darryl did actually knock him over in a sort of 'hip to hip' challenge just before he dived on the ball and some refs might have given a penalty, although most would have ignored it...as our ref did.

Finally, Stuart was asking me after the match 'when was the last time we (i.e. our First Team) kept a clean sheet' ?
Well, 'Statto' here has looked it up, and it was against Upshire at Town Mead, Waltham Abbey way back in December 2003...48 matches ago !!!
Even the Reserves managed two clean sheets in a row (in March 2004), albeit against Rosemill Reserves though.

Text 07949 128505

Re: Video Notes

Niver a penaltea, having seen many clits of doner maccovern, i feel that he woz not in the box nor did he fully penitrate anyway, if he had not bean two greedy he wood shirley have past to the young black lad on the right hand side of him, looking thru the webshite i think he is the one that yous call wizza. Are you all cumming to training twonight as I is now in the country of engerland and wood love to has a trial. Larrie do you does any filming at the trailing so that i can forawrd to mr ferguson.

I spank you

George N'bogwou

For the record , on Sunday I thought I might have been outside but from the clip, I reckon I was right on the line & applaud the ref for giving attacking play the benefit!

Looks like he rewarded "foul play" to me as you went down like a sack of spuds !!

Conor, was your mate the fella in the black jacket with black hair...if so, he seemed to have forgiven me by the time I came off 'cos he high-fived me...mind you, he was probably mumbling under his breath, "pussy"!!!

That indeed was the fella - the long jacket was only required in such unseasonably clement conditions to conceal the 'sawn-off'

Murf ....... I withdrew the 'pussy' taunt as soon as you got close enuff for me to see that you could ill aford to damage your visage any further! What with already looking like a Picasso and all!!
Hi-5's were for encouragement after a chicken livered performance - most of the team got them m8. You're not that special !! Plus they allow me to gauge finger nail length for pliers removal when and where necessary!!
Laurie, I have my photo 4 2nite but you'll have to spell my surname right or I'll send the boyz round !!

If it's MacLaughlin, I apologise.
I was getting you confused with my favourite guitarist, John Mc,Laughlin (of Mahavishnu Orchestra fame).
Ritchie will probably know what I am on about ?

Text 07949 128505

Laurie,
I know of said guitarist and his name is spelt like mine which is JOHN MCL'O'not'A'UGHLIN !!
Pay attention 007 !!

Lol that was never a foul by Nick on Bushnell in the lead up to the penalty.I think he just lost the ball and knowing we were on a break away tried to get a free kick.Mr Stevenson was correct to play on.

Johnny, be careful, carrying round sawn-off table legs can be harmful to your health...and pension prospects..!