THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ex-Rovers Player On Telly Tonight !

Assuming he is in the starting line-up (and he normally is), Glen Southam will be live on Sky Sports 1 tonight playing for Dagenham & Redbridge away to Stevenage in the Conference. (Programme starts at 7.30.p.m.)

Might be worth watching for those of our players who know him....and our current younger players who don't.

Glen played 19 games for us as an 18-year-old in the 1998/99 season whilst he was training with Fulham's Academy and playing for Enfield Youth/Reserves.
We gave him his first taste of men's football (albeit only in Division Two), but I'm sure it benefitted him at the time.
He then went on to play for Enfield's First Team, then Bishop's Stortford before joining Dagenham & Redbridge, and he is now an England Semi-Pro international and D & R's most consistent player by all accounts.

Whether any of our current youngsters go on to play at that sort of level remains to be seen, but it was good to see them doing well at training last night and I know Trevor, Stuart & Wooly were well pleased.
...and I didn't hear any of the others moaning at them either !
Good to see !

Text 07949 128505