THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Snooker Night Report

There was no match on Sunday so I will give a short report on the Snooker Night. Unfortunately, Murf was not in attendance to do the report as there were plenty of amusing incidents as the effects of the alcohol consumption took their toll. The turnout was a reasonable fourteen but the number of beers consumed was disappointingly low 100 (approx) although a litre of vodka and red bulls helped with the intoxication of several players. The finish time of 04.05 was a new club record, mainly due to waiting for Conor McGovern and Russell Beeden to wake up before calling their cabs.
Most p****d player was definitely Tarby but he didn’t quite come to blows with his brother, Nugget, thanks to Simon Jackson’s peacemaking skills. The Pool competition was won by Nugget, beating debutant, Terry Moore in the final and Simon won the Darts final to stop Nugget from a clean sweep. Simon asked me to mention that he donated half his winnings to the club whereas Nugget donated £1 of his winnings. Darryl Johnson also donated his entire winnings after a game of killer to show another example of the excellent team spirit at these fund raising functions.
The football discussion centered mostly on the video footage of penalty misses by Steve Cokell and Derek Dorward and a continuation of Scott Robertson’s rant about the use, or lack of use, of substitutes.
The other club record that was broken was an overall profit of £128.45 so well done to everyone who attended.

Re: Snooker Night Report

Great night Trev and Im pleased that for once we have made a good profit.I think you were correct in saying that I was the most pissed person there because I certinaly felt it on Saturday.If we have turn outs like that everytime we have one of these functions then the club should make a healthy profit by the end of the year.