THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
SNOOKER NIGHT

Is this happening next Friday or not???

It's no wonder we get poor turnouts for these events if we don't give anyone any notice.

Re: SNOOKER NIGHT

It's been on the Latest Club News page for ages, and in the last week or so I have moved it nearer the top of the page and highlighted it.

Not having a go at you specifically Conor, but this might be proof of what I suspected...The 50% of our club members that are able to access the Forum don't bother to read the Latest Club News page (which is why they have not mentioned the Snooker Night on the Forum because they think all the news is on here only)...and the other 50% of our club members who cannot access the Forum (which includes Wooly, Terry & Paul Ellerker) DO read the Latest Club News page but are then unable to say what they think on here.

It then doesn't get discussed at matches because too many players go straight home on the final whistle.

I don't know what the answer is really.

Text 07949 128505

I read it before I posted the above, for those that don't bother, it reads as follows:-

We have fixed a provisional date of Friday 30th September for our next Club Snooker Night. For the time being, we just need some feedback from current club members as to whether they would be interested in attending on that date or not, then will will give more details later.
For the benefit of new players, our club 'Snooker Nights' are held at a secret venue that is organised by Manager & Treasurer Trevor Hughes two or three times a season. This consists of Pool & Darts competitions (and occasionally Snooker !) whereby players win half of the entrance fee and the other half goes into Club Funds. DVD's of matches are also shown, and with a 'licensed bar', it is always a good 'night out' when we can get a reasonable number to attend.

Hardly conclusive, hence my post - is it on or not?

No answers yet then, Conor.

That's another problem.
We still have too many club members waiting for someone else to make the first move, and who also have an 'If he's not going, I won't either then because it will be a crap turnout' attitude !

I have a feeling that the only way we are going to get 'everyone' going is to hire a minibus to pick all our players up from the Southbury Leisure Centre (and Billericay, Hitchin & Erith !?) and then take them all back home again at 3.00.a.m. !!!?

Text 07949 128505

I'll be in NYC so I'll be playing pool rather than snooker...

Me and Steve should be there to enjoy extended highlights of last weeks cup game!

Re: Re: SNOOKER NIGHT

I think that Conner is asking Trevor to confirm if the snooker night is on or not. Perhaps you should say that "the next snooker night is going to be held on such a date, please confim if you can attend!" This would end most of the confusion. I'll be there just to watch last weeks cup game as i was asleep for most of it the first time!!!

I am happy to have the Snooker night next Friday provided there is a good turn out so we can make some money. I need to know numbers so I can arrange the 'refreshments'.

There was a positive response in the pub on Sunday, so please leave messages here if you are coming so I have an idea of numbers.

Big geoerge will be there, at about 8.30!

Sorry, forgot I already have other plans for Friday night so I won't be able to make it! Sorry for being a let down, it was an honest mistake!

I did put on the Latest Club News page that 'we' (i.e. myself or Trevor ?) would e-mail, phone or text everyone to confirm whether the Snooker Night is on or not.
By 'everyone', I mean those who normally go and do not have access to this Forum.

As far as I am aware, the only ones going are Conor, Steve & Gary Cokell, Darryl & Simon.

Wooly & Terry cannot access this Forum, so I have no idea what they are doing. Did they say anything at training on Tuesday ?
It appears that everybody else cannot afford the cab fare, are stuck at home babysitting or have 'other things to do'.

I don't really want to waste time rushing to get a compilation DVD done in time for Friday night if the Snooker Night is going to be cancelled, so can we have a bit more feedback from those in the know please ?

Text 07949 128505

Spoke to Stu - he is also going.

I'm going

Any beers need to be brought with?

Terry has e-mailed me to say he is going, so I make that 8 not including myself (still ill at the moment) and Trev.
I think Trev is happy with that, so I would say the Snooker Night is ON.

What about Ritchie, Rebairo & Mark though ?

I understand Del, Osborn & Nugget are not coming and Wooly, Russell, Speller, Paul Ellerker & Murf have already confirmed that they are are also definitely not for one reason or another.

It would be nice to see the likes of Robin, Foysol, Kizza, Colin, Dan, etc. coming but I don't suppose they will.

Text 07949 128505

I'll be there 10.30ish, to pick up steve and scott. Whats est finish?

Gary, Should we expect you at about 10.30 at the wheel of a 279? Why not drop off everybody? You could be like Sir Cliff in Summer Holiday.

Jacko how are you getting t'there un t'back? And I don't want any silly schizophrenic answers involving Big George...

Getting a cab from Stag and hounds at 8.20ish, have to go there first just quickly to show my face at a birthday do. getting home, fack knows at the mo, probably another cab