THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Training Pitch

If you still have half a training pitch available, we would be be interested in sharing this with you from w/c 26/9/05.

Re: Training Pitch

I take it this is the same Dave Russell who we all know from Percival ?

I have also had Enfield Crusaders and A.C. Enfield asking to share the facilities with us as well, but personally I would prefer to share with Percival as we know their players and Management, unlike the other two clubs.

I think we are going to have a really good turnout tomorrow night anyway (following our 13-1 win !), as I am sure 'nobody' wants to watch Grimsby v. Spurs !
We may even have enough players there to use a full pitch ourselves.

However, we will definitely need to share with another club in the long term, so we will make a definite decision on this asap.
What does Stuart think ?

Text 07949 128505

think we should def go with percival Lol.

Yep it is the same Dave Russell of Percival, Will you be able to let me know when you have decided either way, via this forum.
Many Thanks

If Trev can come on here and confirm he is happy with Percival sharing with us, then we'll go for it.
I'm sure Mark won't mind either. I believe he works with Alex Clarke ?

Dave, did you mean you would be able to start from Tuesday 27th September or the Tuesday after ?
Also, who would be paying us the £28.00 cash each Tuesday ? You or one of the Ritters ?

Text 07949 128505

If you only end up using have a pitch them it makes goalkeeper training very difficult, as you only have one full size goal and the area will be used for 7 side 3 touch, which is great for the outfield players but pretty pointless for keepers.

Now that cricket has finished I shall be around most tuesdays and will attend training so if Darryl and Ozel are coming it would mean that we could use the time usefully.

On a different note, how many people would be interested in doing some fitness again this season before the training takes place ??? need at least 8 really to make it worth while.

cheers

We would be able to start on tuesday the 27th, Ritter would be sorting out the payment, i would imagine he will give you the cash on the night.

Regarding Simon's point, yes it is a problem regarding goalkeepers' training, but we have no choice because of the Reserve Team folding up. We just cannot afford to pay £56.00 a week for a full pitch ourselves.
There are also going to be some weeks when we won't have anybody at training at all because of Arsenal on TV, especially later in the season.
We wasted far too much money on training last season because of crap turnouts, Lexton's crew not paying any subs, and calling off half a dozen sessions completely because I was filming non-league matches and Trev & Mark were watching Arsenal on TV....and by the way, that is what is going to happen again on Tuesday 27th September, because I am filming Canvey Island v. Stevenage and Trev & Mark will be sitting at home watching Ajax v. Arsenal.

The only solution to the keepers' training problem is for them to go the other side of the fence and dive about on the grass while we are doing 7-a-side 3-touch...although you get about 20 other teams all doing the same thing (i.e. using the minimal light from the floodlights for free !)
It would also help if they unlocked that gate at the far end so we could get out onto the grass !

Text 07949 128505

Re: Re: Training Pitch

Fuck diving about!! No really start with some shooting practice for ten mins as it makes me laugh, and then off with say three touch footy. Running (yeah right) crossing by Lol? Simons work out first?

I can confirm that I agree with Percival using half the pitch from 27th September.

Is training on tonight and if so which kants are going????

Training is on tonight, but I'm not sure if anyone is up for your fitness session at 8.00.p.m.

Text 07949 128505

I'm going - I need to practice my 3 touch football skills in order to challenge for a place in the side as evidenced in 'clip of the week'. In fact, that was all 'one touch' wasn't it?? By the opposition!