THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad For Tonight's 7-a-side Match

The squad for our 7-a-side match against Casuals tonight (7.30.p.m. kick-off) is currently as follows:
Darryl Johnson (GK) (If he can get out of work in time), Terry Moore, Colin Bester, Dan George, Ritchie Copues, Gary Cokell (Who may not get there in time for the kick-off), Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo (If his mobile phone got my text message !?) & Adam Barker (Who is not very fit at the moment but will give it a go).

We have nobody else available whatsoever (to the best of my knowledge), as Stuart & Derek Dorward have relatives down from Scotland, Paul Woolston, Chris Morrish and presumably Simon Jackson all either have tickets for the Oval or will be watching the cricket on a big screen somewhere all day and getting extremely pissed, Tony Speller has a hamstring injury, Foysol Ahmed has blisters, Paul Ellerker and Peter Murphy live too far away, Steve Cokell plays 5-a-side with his mates on Thursday nights, Conor Mc,Govern is on holiday, Robin Pryke still won't play until he has had a training session, Ozel Ozerman has social commitments, Paul Rebairo is babysitting, Scott Robertson has some sort of long-term injury (by the look of it ?), Russell Beeden is in Manchester, Gary Adamson is studying and babysitting, Peter White is currently working in the U.S., Eric Ibekwem, Chris Akinrele & Tem Adil have all now left the club, and there is no point calling up the likes of Nick Vertigans, Andrew Warmerdam and Chris 'Nugget' Beeden to play, as our likely 10-0 defeat in this match will put them off wanting to join us.

If Colin can bring Thomas Dell and Jon Rice (GK) along for this game as well, they should both get a game. Please note that I will definitely NOT be playing because of a tooth infection...even if we only have six men !!!
As far as I am concerned, this game is replacing our Tuesday night Training Session this week and it will be more beneficial for all the 'fringe' players taking part to get some match practice against good opposition. The final score does not matter.

Text 07949 128505

Re: Squad For Tonight's 7-a-side Match

I cannot make it tonight due to work. Sorry boys.

I really don't know what to do about tonight at the moment.

I am watching cricket and I can't be arsed to make about 20 phone calls to find out if we have got enough players or not (including a keeper).

Text 07949 128505

I have now decided to call the game off and concede the points (at 6.00.p.m. !)

This is because I have not heard from Kizza, so we have only got 6 players including Gary Cokell, who might not get there before the kick-off anyway.
As I said before, there is no way I am going to turn up and get roped in to playing. I feel like sh*t at the moment.

At least we are looking alright for Sunday now in terms of fielding a decent squad.

Text 07949 128505