THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad for this Sunday (11th September)

The squad for this Sunday's Division One match Away to The Wheatsheaf at Wormley Playing Fields is as follows:
Darryl Johnson (GK), Stuart Dorward, Paul Woolston, Terry Moore, Colin Bester, Foysol Ahmed (Although he is currently 'doubtful' with blisters !), Paul Ellerker, Tony Speller, Peter Murphy, Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo, Steve Cokell, Daniel George (Assuming he is happy to stay with the club), Ritchie Copues & Derek Dorward (If he can get out of having to work).

That is only 14 players, and if Foysol, Dan and Del do not play, we will only have a bare eleven. This is because Conor Mc,Govern is on holiday, Gary Cokell is working, Tem Adil has now decided to leave the club, Robin Pryke is still refusing to play until we arrange some training sessions, Scott Robertson appears to have a long-term injury of some sort, Russell Beeden is staying up in Manchester (permanently ?!), Nick Vertigans and Paul Rebairo are still not registered (and won't be by this Sunday now that we have cancelled training this week), and our other currently registered players consisting of Gary Adamson, Chris Morrish, Simon Jackson (GK), Adam Barker, Peter White, Mashood Burahee, Ozel Ozerman (GK), Thomas Dell and Laurence Hughes are either 'not good enough' for the starting line-up at the moment or are generally unavailable anyway due to other commitments. However, if any of those nine players do not mind coming along this Sunday and volunteering to be a substitute if necessary (if they are available to do so), please let us know.

Players who do not know how to get to the venue of their own accord and those that need a lift should meet at the Southbury Leisure Centre at 9.30.a.m., but please inform Laurence Hughes if you are doing so.

Text 07949 128505

Re: Squad for this Sunday (11th September)

I'm fit and available and will go straight to the ground.

Cheers,

Murf

I'll come sunday as long as i actually play this week..... will need a lift so i'll meet at southbury leisure centre at 9.30

Del has managed to get out of work and will be available on Sunday, but I am having trouble getting in touch with Paul Ellerker. I think he is on holiday at the moment. He didn't say he WASN'T playing, so we assume he will be back in time and will turn up.
Foysol will not be making a decision on the blisters he is currently suffering from until Saturday evening.

As for the starting line-up, ultimately it's Trev's decision of course, but it's obvious that Paul Ellerker MUST come straight back into the side in the centre of midfield as a straight replacement for Gary Cokell, who is working.
We played really well on Sunday and should keep the same side apart from that, but if Foysol doesn't play (and I don't think he will), then Del should take his place. However, Del is the only one in the squad who has not paid his Annual Subs yet. He is supposed to be doing so on Sunday, but if he is still 'skint', then I don't see the harm in putting Dan in the starting line-up (as a right-sided midfielder) and Del as a sub.

If Trev decides that Del will play 'whatever' (or Foysol is fit and plays ahead of both Del and Dan) and Dan then leaves the club if he is named as a sub and doesn't get a game again, then so be it.
We will just have to do with a bare eleven the following week in our London Cup game until we can get more players registered.

As Trev rightly said...this is the FIRST TEAM and that means we field our strongest side in an effort to win things and it is not about giving people a game just to keep them happy.

If Foysol doesn't play and we only have two substitutes, the only other registered players who appear to be available this Sunday are Adam Barker and Thomas Dell. If they are happy to come along on Sunday and be named as substitutes, then great.
Everybody else who was mentioned appears to be unavailable. I believe Simon Jackson and Chris Morrish are watching the cricket somewhere.

Text 07949 128505

Paul Ellerker has now e-mailed me to confirm that he is available this Sunday.

Text 07949 128505

I might need a lift from southbury cause mum might be too tired to give me a lift. Lol do you want me to talk to tom to come to make up the numbers? Can you please text me cheers

do you also believe when i am having a wank !!!!!!!!!!

considering you never speak to these people you seem to know a awful lot about what they are doing.

I am not watching the cricket tomorow, but just so you know i would imagine that at some stage of the day i will have a sh1t!!!

Simon, the club rules are that if players want to play for us, they phone/text myself or Trevor or leave a message on the Forum.

You didn't do that for Sunday 4th September or Thursday 8th September and you are giving no indication here that you want to come along and be a sub tomorrow (we only have two at the moment).
Okay, fair enough you may not be watching the cricket tomorrow, but I think I can safely assume you have other priorities. Why don't you stop pissing about and just facking let us know, then I wouldn't have to guess would I ?

This is why the Reserve Team folded...because too many people preferred doing other things on Sundays but couldn't be arsed to tell us.

Text 07949 128505

Why do you not just put unavailable

hope you won and i am available for next game as a ringer