THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Training and/or 7-a-side this week

The Southgate Hockey Centre have confirmed that this Thursday's final 7-a-side League matches this Summer WILL go ahead, despite the Competition Organiser having left his job at the S.H.C.
Somebody else from the centre is sorting things out for this week. They have phoned Casuals to check that they are definitely going to turn up and they are, so it's game on (as long as we have enough players who are interested !?).

I know Trevor spoke to players yesterday to find out who wanted to play, but he did not give me a list of who they were and I can't remember exactly what he said. Naming a definite squad is therefore impossible at the moment.
I'm sure he was intending giving Tem & Dan as full a game as possible, but presumably that's gone out the window now ?!
I think he said to put Rebairo, Ritchie & Del (if available) in the squad, together with Kizza and Foysol, but I can't remember what he said about who is going to play in goal. Did he say Darryl was available ? What about Ozel though...or even Simon ?
Did I hear Wooly say he would not be playing because he has no car and Stuart is not playing because of family commitments ?
What about Colin, Speller and Terry ? Do they want to play ?
Is Nick Vertigans back yet ?
It's a 7.30.p.m. kick-off this week.
Can I have some feedback please, so that I can name a squad ?

Regarding training tomorrow (Tuesday) night, I have still heard nothing from the Southbury Leisure Centre regarding training on the Astroturf this season and their phone line is constantly engaged. I also e-mailed them last Friday and I have had no reply to that either !!!
As far as I am concerned, we will NOT be training there tomorrow night (because we are playing 7-a-side on Thursday), and if they issue us with an invoice for tomorrow night at a later stage, we will refuse to pay it.
The problem with that is they might give the facilities to another team for the rest of the season and we will be left with nowhere to train at all, but with Tem now deciding to leave the club and too many others having family commitments in midweek or living too far away, it looks as if we are only going to get no more than 10 turning up on a regular basis anyway. (Myself, Colin, Robin, Ritchie, Terry, Foysol, Conor, Kizza, Speller and maybe one or two 'trialists').

Text 07949 128505

Re: Training and/or 7-a-side this week

If i can make can i play as not available for sunday at mo?

Gary, I thought you play 5-a-side with Steve (and mates) on Thursday nights ?
That's why I didn't mention you.

Does that mean you have no 5-a-side this week and Steve can play as well ?

Text 07949 128505

finish work at 7

Foysol is definitely not playing on Thursday and is doubtful for Sunday as well (with blisters).

Speller has also dropped out for Thursday because of a 'sore hamstring'.

Wooly is also 'very doubtful' because it does not look as if he will get his car back from the garage by Thursday.

Text 07949 128505

I can play on thursday if needed. And just to mention about sunday I was disappointed not to get a game and if I continue to be left on the bench then eventually I will leave as well. I don't feel that I can develop as a player if i'm stuck on the bench all the time. Surely you understand that.

Stuart & Del are not playing on Thursday as they have relatives down from Scotland, but Terry Moore is available.

Stuart said Nick Vertigans is back but he hasn't had a chance to speak to him yet.

At the moment it looks as if our squad on Thursday will be as follows:
Either Darryl or Simon in goal, Ozel as an outfield player, then Colin, Ritchie, Terry, Dan, Rebairo & Kizza.

If Gary Cokell comes straight from work and Wooly gets his car back in time, then that's a bonus !
The only other possibilities are Nick Vertigans, Chris Morrish and Adam Barker. If those three turn up, we should definitely try and give them a game, and that goes for anybody else who did not play on Sunday.

I know the opposition are 'quality' but it's better practice for our players than training...even if we get stuffed.

Text 07949 128505

Re: Re: Training and/or 7-a-side this week

can't be sure if i can make it Thursday. i will let you know.

Ozel can't play, so we have no keeper for tomorrow night.
I have no idea where Simon is at the moment. I left a message on his voicemail last week but he didn't get back to me.

I have just texted all the players I mentioned in my last message, plus Chris Morrish and Adam Barker, and Ozel is the only one who has replied so far.
I will be surprised if any of the others bother.

I really don't think anyone can be arsed this week and I am seriously thinking of calling the game off and conceding the match...unless I get a positive response on here or by text by tonight.

This Sunday's game is far more important of course.

Regarding Training at the Southbury Leisure Centre, I have just been down there and they have confirmed that we cannot get an 8.00.-9.00.pm. timeslot on any night this season, so it's 9.00.p.m.-10.00.p.m. every Tuesday once again...starting from this coming Tuesday. I believe Arsenal are on TV though, is that right, Trev ?

Text 07949 128505

I will not be there because I will be on holiday. Arsenal is on Wednesday. I believe Chelsea are playing Tuesday. Spurs do not have a game as it is Champions League.

should make 730 , but definate no for sunday

So are we playing the thursday night match? or has it been called off?

Dan, I have now put a new message up regarding the squad for tonight as this thread is getting a bit long.

Text 07949 128505