THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Leaving

I would like to inform the club that I have decided not to continue playing for Rovers due to lack of opportunities and I believe that once the first team players are fit once again, i will find it hard to gain a place in the team. Sorry if this has become an inconvenience to the club. Good luck in the future.

Re: Leaving

...and before anyone comments that this is all my fault because I 'joked' in my match report that Peter Murphy is fitter than Tem, I am sure that is NOT the reason why Tem wants to leave, although if it is then I apologise.

I knew this was going to happen as soon as we decided to fold up the Reserve Team though, and that was why I was desperately trying to convince others in the club that we had to make an effort to recruit more players and keep the Reserve Team going.
Where Tem says 'Sorry if this has become an inconvenience to the club'...well, it may not be quite so much at the moment, but it probably will be in two or three years time when the likes of Wooly, Conor, Del, etc. are all too old and we have no younger players to fall back on to keep the club running....although maybe Tem might want to rejoin us when that happens ?

Hopefully Dan will not come on here and say he is leaving as well, but if he does I can fully understand it.
Maybe they could have both been brought on yesterday for the last 10-15 minutes in the wide midfield positions ?
Yes, it would have been a bit of a risk because it was a very tight game and none of our starting line-up really needed to come off, but if Trev had been standing nearer the camera, I would have suggested it as two separate time-wasting substitutions to slow the game down a bit with us 2-1 in front.

Text 07949 128505

Re: Leaving

I am very sorry to see that Tem has decided to leave. I believe that he has alot of potential. It is unfortunate that we were unable to keep the reserve team going as the younger players really need to play in a lower division. If we are going to be successful we have to play to win every game and I have to make a decision on whether or not to use substitutes based on the circumstances of the match. I thought the team played well yesterday and the fact that we conceded an equaliser with 2 minutes to go and missed a penalty in injury time would not have been affected by any substitutions I had made.

I hope Dan is prepared to stay and wait for his chance in the team and I would welcome Tem back in the future if he wishes.