THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Training at the Southbury Leisure Centre

I am currently trying to speak to the person at the Southbury Leisure Centre who deals with Astroturf bookings in order to find out whether we can get an 8.00.-9.00.p.m. timeslot over there instead of 9.00.-10.00.p.m., and if so, whether it will be on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday.

He has just got back off holiday today and is 'in a meeting'/'on the other line'/'is very busy at the moment' and will 'phone me back'.
In previous experiences trying to speak to him, this means that he will NOT phone me back, and it makes no difference if I actually go down to the Leisure Centre myself to try to speak to him.

This is very frustrating because I need to know when we are training as soon as possible so that I can offer half the pitch to another team (following our decision to disband the Reserves). The Southbury Leisure Centre no longer allow 'half-pitches' to be booked, so we cannot afford to pay £56.00 per week for a full pitch when we are only running one team.
Stocky, if you are reading this, you can have first call on the other half of the pitch if you are interested. (You then pay us £28.00 on the night each week).

Also, I want to try and cancel training on Tuesday 6th September (or Wednesday 7th/Thursday 8th) because we are playing 7-a-side on Thursday 8th September.
There is no way that players are going to turn up to both next week. We do not want a crap turnout at training next week because it will put players off turning up to training in future.
I entered Tuesday 6th September on the booking form because at that stage, the 7-a-side League was due to end on Thursday 1st September. It has over-run by a week because of the London bombings on 7/7.

Last year we didn't get an invoice for the Astroturf until the end of September...four weeks after we started using the facilities, and they didn't even phone to confirm that our booking had been accepted ! We just assumed it had and we just 'took a chance' on the first night. (I checked at reception when we arrived and fortunately everything was o.k.) They are that disorganised.

The most likely scenario is that they will not phone us back before Tuesday 6th September and we will then get an invoice in late September which includes that date and every Tuesday thereafter (and between 9.00.-10.00.p.m.).

I will just have to keep phoning the Southbury Leisure Centre every day, but if I can't get a definite answer from them before Tuesday 6th September, I'm not really sure what we should do.
Don't be surprised if another £56.00 of the club's money ends up being 'wasted' though !

Text 07949 128505