THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad for this Sunday (4th September)

The squad for our first League match of the season this coming Sunday (Away to Broxbourne Rangers Old Boys at Pound Close, Hoddesdon...10.30.a.m. kick-off) is as follows:
Darryl Johnson (GK), Stuart Dorward, Paul Woolston, Terry Moore, Paul Ellerker (If he does not have family commitments), Eric Ibekwem (If he is not working), Robin Pryke (If he is prepared to risk his ankle without having Pre-Season Training), Steve Cokell (Who will be having a 'fitness test' on his groin strain in a 5-a-side match with his mates this Thursday...while we are playing 7-a-side), Tony Speller, Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo, Gary Cokell (If the League allow him to when he gave them a photo a day after their deadline !), Foysol Ahmed, Colin Bester, Tem Adil, Dan George, Ritchie Copues, Peter Murphy & Scott Robertson (If he is not still injured).

That is a total of 18, but it includes six 'might be's, so we could do with a few more registered players making themselves available just in case. These include Chris Morrish, Simon Jackson and Adam Barker, who all need to let us know if they are still interested in playing for us now we have folded up the Reserve Team.

Unfortunately, Conor Mc,Govern will be missing this match as he will be on holiday, while Nick Vertigans, Chris Akinrele, Derek Dorward and Paul Rebairo are not yet registered and have missed the deadline for this match, although Nick (Working in Geneva) and 'Del' (Working in LIDL's, Edmonton) would have been unavailable anyway. Russell Beeden is registered and would be useful if we are short, but he will now be staying up in Manchester now the Reserve Team have been disbanded. Everybody else who was registered last season appears to have left the club or have confirmed they will be unavailable until further notice, which is why we can no longer run a Reserve Team.

If players do not wish to make their own way to Pound Close and would rather meet at the Southbury Leisure Centre, we will be LEAVING the Leisure Centre at 9.30.a.m.
Players who are meeting at the Southbury Leisure Centre MUST inform Laurence Hughes, otherwise we will leave without them if they are not there by 9.30.a.m.

Text 07949 128505

Re: Squad for this Sunday (4th September)

Paul Ellerker is definitely NOT available this Sunday as he is going to a stag do this weekend.

Text 07949 128505

Lol,i played 5 a side last thurs and will be doing this thurs,so far so good so hopefully should be fit for sunday.

As mentioned in another thread, Eric has now left the club, so that's two out of the six 'might be's' who are definitely unavailable.

Text 07949 128505

when will you know if i'm able to play on sunday

Gary, I will e-mail him now and phone him tonight if I don't get any reply.
I'll leave a message on here as soon as I find out.

Also, I have just spoken to Scott and he is still injured and 'very doubtful' for Sunday.

Text 07949 128505

Denis Coventry (League Records Sec) has now confirmed that Gary Cokell CAN play this Sunday.

Text 07949 128505