THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad for next 7-a-side match (Thursday 1st Sept)

The squad for our next 7-a-side League match against Enfield Bullets 'B' this Thursday (8.30.p.m. kick-off) is as follows:
Jon Rice (GK); Stuart Dorward, Paul Woolston, Terry Moore, Chris Akinrele, Eric Ibekwem, Colin Bester, Foysol Ahmed, Conor Mc,Govern & Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo.

If any outfield players drop out, then either Robin Pryke, Nick Vertigans or Derek Dorward will be given a game if they are available and need a run-out to test their fitness. If they are not available, then we will use others such as Tem Adil, Dan George, Ritchie Copues, etc.

If Jon Rice cannot play in goal, then we will need either Ozel Ozerman (if he is back from holiday yet) or Simon Jackson (If he is willing to risk 'injury' before playing cricket on Saturday).
As far as I am aware, Darryl Johnson is on holiday and gets back late on Saturday night.

Text 07949 128505

Re: Squad for next 7-a-side match (Thursday 1st Sept)

Bad News Laurence, Jon and Tem are both away on holiday and i'm not sure what time or when they get back.

What about Ozel ?

Text 07949 128505

As mentioned on another thread, Eric and Chris will not be playing any more, so we are now down to seven players for this match (with no keeper).
I have not spoken to Foysol or Kizza yet either.

Text 07949 128505

I texted Ozel and he is available to go in goal, so that's that problem solved.

Foysol is playing, but Kizza seems to have disappeared (or changed his mobile number again).
I have also texted Del, Robin and Chris Morrish and had no replies.

We only have six at the moment, but presumably Ritchie will be there to play at the last minute (as usual) ?

Text 07949 128505

The squad for tonight is now as follows:
Ozel (GK), Stuart, Wooly, Terry, Colin, Conor, Foysol, Del & Rebairo, plus Kizza (if he gets in touch or turns up of his own accord).

I tried to get Speller to play tonight, but he can't because he is a blood donor and is doing so straight after work tonight, so he will then be too weak to play at 8.30. ! Another novel Rovers excuse, but a good one nonetheless and a very worthy cause. Well done, Speller.

Del, Rebairo and Ozel are supposed to be bringing photos for their registrations tonight, which will mean they will all be eligible to play on Sunday 11th September.

Text 07949 128505