THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad for next Thursday Night 7-a-side Match (18th Aug)

The squad for our next 7-a-side League match this coming Thursday against Middlesex University is as follows:
Darryl Johnson (GK), Stuart Dorward, Paul Woolston, Terry Moore, Andrew Warmerdam, Eric Ibekwem, Foysol Ahmed, Derek Dorward, Conor Mc,Govern & Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo.
(Trev, 'Kizza' phoned me to say he is now fit again, in case you were wondering why I have put him in the squad !)

I have now found out that this match is actually a 7.30.p.m. kick-off (instead of 8.30.p.m. as we were initially told).
If that means some of the above 10 players may now be unavailable, then the following players will be called up to replace them (in order of preference and presuming they are available themselves): Tony Speller, Colin Bester, Ritchie Copues, Daniel George & Tem Adil.

Also, if Darryl is unavailable, hopefully Simon Jackson might help us out in goal to save an outfield player being forced into that position again ?

Ozel Ozerman (GK), Chris Akinrele & Nick Vertigans are all still abroad, while Chris 'Nugget' Beeden cannot make a decision as to whether to play or not until the 'last minute', which is no good to us really in our current predicament.

Please be aware that our last match against Casuals on the 8th September is also now a 7.30.p.m. kick-off (instead of 8.30) and that we are on the right-hand pitch (with Wildgoose reffing) for all three of our remaining matches.

Text 07949 128505

Re: Squad for next Thursday Night 7-a-side Match (18th Aug)

Stu's asked me to post to advise he's not available on Thursday - he's gone away for a few days - he will however be around for Sundays game (if there is one)

Rebairo has just phoned to say he will come along on Thursday for a run out (if needed)...and he will get a lift off you, Conor !

He said you told him it was an 8.30.p.m. kick-off, but I presume you have now noticed it is 7.30. ?

Also, The Accies are now playing somebody else this Sunday, so we are not having a Friendly.
We will 'definitely ?' be having training instead.

Text 07949 128505

At the moment (Wednesday evening) we have a squad of seven, which is Wooly, Terry, Conor, Eric, Foysol, Kizza and Rebairo.

I have tried e-mailing and texting Darryl, Del & Warmerdam and I cannot get a reply from any of them.

I tried to get Speller to play, but he is currently 'injured'.

Do we therefore hope Darryl, Del & Warmerdam all turn up of their own accord at the last minute and play with a squad of just seven (including no keeper...again) if they don't, or do we call up Colin, Ritchie and Ozel (if he is back from holiday yet) instead so that we have a squad of 10 this time ?

Over to you, Trev ?!!!

Text 07949 128505

'Warmers' has texted to say that he is not available for tonight, so can Colin please confirm if he can play instead (and whether he needs a lift ?).

Text 07949 128505

At the moment, Darryl cannot get out of work...and Ozel is still on holiday.
Is there any chance of Simon playing ?

I have still not heard from Del. Has he gone away with Stuart ?

Colin & Tem are coming (and they have requested 'no bollocking' this week please !)

Text 07949 128505

My mate John is comming tonight with me to watch. He is a decent goalkeeper and doesn't mind going in goal if a keeper doesn't turn up.

Simon is definitely not playing. He just answered 'no' on his text message. (Doing a Junior impersonation ?!)

I have also had the Accies get back to me saying that their opponents for Sunday's Friendly have now dropped out, so we can play them instead, although I'm not sure if they actually have a pitch booked (or a ref) and I am still trying to find that out.
However, Darryl is not available for Sunday, Ozel is on holiday and Simon is presumably playing cricket.
We will therefore speak to Tem's mate John tonight and make a decision then.
I think a Friendly would be better than training this Sunday, although we MUST have a goalkeeper. We should be able to 'scrape up' a team...just about !?

Text 07949 128505